PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody with anxiety feel like they have deliberating condition?

phil06
26-02-10, 00:17
I feel like this I have:

Panic/anxiety
IBS Symptoms
OCD
Depression
Social Anxiety
Negative thoughts
Insomnia
Stress
Eczema
Health anxiety

I'm sure anybody would struggle with these never mind them all I just feel like it's a deliberating condition really draining my quality of life. I feel it's like a condition I have to live with and I'm more conscious of it than ever. It started with panic, then depression, then ocd, then social anxiety and more lately IBS symptoms and Insomnia. And the last two are worse as they take a more physical toll on me rather than mentally.

It's like me, my anxiety and my life problems..that's my day and I've had better days lately but still to get to a happier bit in my life again once I get a job ect..I struggle to sink it into my head I may not always feel like this as all these symptoms could go.

The scary thing is the more I think about them the symptoms are like a light switch. Sometimes my mind is on it even though I've no reason to. Maybe I'm under a false sense of illusion and they are not all that bad?
For weeks I've been feeling like I can hardly breathe, my toilet symptoms worry me, lack of sleep..big one..I feel I can hardly get a breath out my noise and that symptom can last for hours..it's awful...ok and since I got eczema..I've been worried it may bring on asthma so at the back of my head it says you can't breathe and I will faint and pass out...it's awful :blush:

So where do I go? is it as bad as it seems?

At the moment on a scale of 1 - 10 how much they trouble me:

OCD - 7 or 8/10
Panic/breathing - 9/10
IBS - 9.5/10
Eczema - 8/10
Horrible thoughts - 6/10 /OCD ones higher
My future/life..why do I feel this way? Where am I going in life? Have I gave up? 10/10
Depression - 3/10
Insomnia - 9/10
Stress - 6/10
Social anxiety - 2/10
Panic when I'm in public - 5/10
How will I manage in another job - 7/10
Will I ever meet a g.f? what must people think of me? 10/10
Money problems - 7/10
How many unhappy years will I have before I settle down? 9/10
Worry I have MORE than just anxiety? 10/10

Can anybody relate to this? I've improved in some places but some it may be a longer task. Sometimes I want instant results..:shrug:

Rom
26-02-10, 09:56
Im a male in my early 20s some could say its the best years of your life but for me its the opposite.I to suffer from anxiety/depression some ocd aswell its got so bad that its actually seriously stopping me from doing/getting away in life.Its very worrying because its difficult to see any positive way out of it that doesn't require a miracle.I can relate to those problems for sure.

My personal rating:

OCD - 6 /10
Panic/breathing - 5/10
IBS - 0/10 for now probably wont last
Eczema - 0/10
Horrible thoughts - 7/10

Im the exact same in the below ratings:
My future/life..why do I feel this way? Where am I going in life? Have I gave up? 10/10
How will I manage in another job - 10/10
How many unhappy years will I have before I settle down? 9/10

Depression - 7/10
Insomnia - 1/10
Stress - 4/10
Social anxiety - 9/10
Panic when I'm in public - 5/10
Money problems - 9/10

Life is a bitch so many questions and not many answers, so many problems and not many solutions.Getting though each day is an achievement for anyone but those who have these problems a even bigger achievement.

belle
26-02-10, 10:18
Yes.

OCD - 1/10
Panic/breathing - 4-10/10
IBS - 0/10
Eczema - 0/10
Horrible thoughts - 8/10
Depression - varies 5 -10/10
Insomnia - 10/10
Stress - 10/10
Social anxiety - 8/10
Panic when I'm in public - 10/10
How will I manage in another job - 10/10
Money problems - 10/10
How many unhappy years will I have before I settle down? 10/10

Idstain
26-02-10, 10:49
Have you ever thought about mindfulness meditation? (please keep an open mind, it has nothing to do with religion!)

i made a thread here about it, bear in mind the results in the thread show the progress of people who have chronic conditions such as CFS/ME who are never likely to get better.

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68784&highlight=meditation

i had a "nervous breakdown" at the start of november and am now back to full health and happier than i have ever been (and i was happy before).

please at least give it a look :)