PDA

View Full Version : (dereallisation)depersonalisation..help

jessicalittler79
26-02-10, 03:38
hi its me jesou sica again..ive wrote on here about this befor ..and i want to thank all of you for your replies..ok well tonight its realy bad i need to know if anyone has this befor ,,,i was setting at doctors with my son and got this feelng that i didnt know were i was and who i was there with..an the sceariest thing was i didnt no how i was going to get home think my mind was blank ...i was so sceard and felt helpless in my own body ..this is realy sceary and i need so help with this ...its like i was looking around like i was in a daze its so hard to explain...it was if i didnt even know who my son was or who muy hubby was thay was looking so werid ....mabe like i was setting next to stranger ..please anyone if any of you had this feeling befor let me know sometimes it gets better than other days iam sceard to death....i want to recover from this i go see a counsler soon so mabe thay can help..i just am sceard that when i get to see her that she will look werid and i will run out..help if you can i hope iam not losen my mind ..

Kelley
26-02-10, 04:05
I am so glad someone has posted this, so thankyou Jess!
I have spent the last month believing that i was alone and that i was losing my mind for sure!
Mine last for a few seconds and they have happened lately while driving (which really shook me up)! Recently it happened while i was driving my daughter to an appointment and i was a little stressed because they changed the location on me last minute and as i had not been to this one before i wasn't totally sure how to get there. So i was driving along the main road i drive on everyday and all of a sudden it didn't look familiar anymore! I had to calm myself and say "ok Kelley, this is Main North Road, it takes you to the city, you're ok, just drive till you get to (the specific road i was looking for) and then you'll be fine!!!" It was all the what if's after wards and still today that got me really worked up! A few days later i drove out of a road and for a second i had no idea which side of the road i needed to pull out on! This has been the biggest issue for me lately and i have been so scared because noone has posted about it. I looked on the net about demensia but then decided it wasn't a good idea so i am kind of at a loss with it all!
Anyone else??

Kel x

jessicalittler79
26-02-10, 04:32
thanks for your reply hun iam glad i can help you .....this is very sceary ive had this bad for about 4 months mine is mild during the day but at night its realy bad and now iam obsessed over it think about it day and night .....iam now doing some research on this so if i find anything that might help i will be sure to post it...and hun feel free to ask me anything if i can help i will be glad too..thank you...

Kelley
01-03-10, 03:02
Thanks Jess. We can keep each other posted! I too allowed this issue to gain control over me, i couldn't relax and was thinking about it day and night. I decided to let it go as the worry was just making it happen more! I have been doing crosswords etc lately as i thought that if i was going to lose my mind i might as well help it by stimulating it!
Does yours last for a while or briefly? You are probably bringing it on more due to adding fear. Try to do what i'm doing or get into a good book, tv show, craft (whatever takes your mind away) you may find it's enough to break the cycle :winks:

Kel x

mary1
12-03-10, 01:24
hi there...i hope you feel better now.. me too hon feel exactly the same..i do suffer from anxiety symptoms but this symptom is the scariest!!! it happens for me more at night time and also when i havn't had enough sleep or tired..it helps if i don't think about it more and try to accept it and not fight it..try to convince yourself that this is just adrenalin and it will go it happens when your mind is really tired and that explains why it's less when you just wake up!! i also fel like loosing memory and as if my mind goes blank for a few seconds..it is really scary but as i said try not to let it dominates you..it will fade with time..sometimes it is there by itself and some other time i think about it and then it comes!! i just want to tell you don't panic coz you are ok and you won't lose your mind ;) it's just a sympton of this nasty thing called anxiety :)

FluffiGirl
12-03-10, 01:40
I get this...and yes...It is really, really scary!
...I find that it is worse if I haven't slept enough or eaten enough..I call it zoning out...I can be sat down and it feel like no time has passed and yet loads of time has passed...I feel like it's a real effort to talk...and I don't feel like I'm in my own skin...Sometimes it feel like I have to dig my nails into my arms just to make sure I'm still here...Ugh!...I'm feeling a bit like it atm in fact...

shanlynn1012
12-03-10, 19:59
I get this A LOT, more so lately with my new burning skin sensation. But there was a point last yr where I felt like this MOST of the time jsut really zoned out and over whelmed. I went on Zoloft and worked out I also stopped thinking about it and giving it any credit. Like I said it still happens, more often out at the grocery store or something but I just "float" through it instead of worry about it. Good Luck

Kelley
13-03-10, 07:20
So reassuring to hear others who understand! It is just so difficult to describe......I have always suffered "Mother's" brain where you aren't listening to conversations because you are so deep in thought, and when you put the milk in the cupboard or go to do something and can't remember what you were going to do! But this few second zone out (especially when driving) is much worse! It's like all of a sudden your brain goes blank and you can't retrieve the info you need at that moment. I feel like there's a brick wall or fog inside my brain and no matter how hard i try i cannot remember what i was doing or the direction i am supposed to be going! And then the adrenaline starts to rush making it so much worse again! When it eventually comes to me it sometimes feels like the information is new like i just learnt it, it doesn't seem familiar anymore! I really hope i'm not alone because i am terribly frightened at the moment as it happened to me again yesterday! I remember when i had PND with my daughter...the depression was so bad i thought i was going to die! The derealization i felt then was different, it was there all the time but wasn't like forgetting, it was just like i was watching a movie around me and i didn't belong anymore, it felt almost like i was in this disconnected silent world and the closeness i used to feel for my family/friends was gone. I hope anyone reading this can understand the difference i am explaining now and can add to some much needed reassurance??!!

Thanks for listening :) x

mary1
15-03-10, 22:14
hi again hon...i completely understand your feeling m not saying this just to make you feel better but coz i actually want you to know that it is scary and i fel it too i do feel sort of detached and like i don't belong to my own body but also i cannot follow on a conversation and sometimes i do to make acuppa and then stand there dont know what i am supposed to do then i keep thinking hard but nothing!!! it happenes for me more when i go shopping it gets sooo sooo annoying but again when it started i used to panic and loose my control but now i know that this is all a symptom and won't do any harm so i keep talking to myself and calm it down then it goes gradually by itself!! i hope you understand that this is anxiety nothing is wrong with your mind or health believe me it is only ANXIETY!! xxx good luck