PDA

View Full Version : Starting from scratch

Earthworm
26-02-10, 09:02
Hi all, I am new here (registered yesterday), I am a 35 yearold dad of 2 and have been suffering from anxiety, panic, OCD and all the other wonderful related manifestations we all know and love for over 10 years. During that time it has come and gone - some years worse than others but has started to come back recently with avengence. To make it worse I finally plucked up the courage to talk to my GP and he advised me I have high Blood Pressure so now I really do have something to worry about. I think we both know its down to the anxiety but we're monitoring it over the next few weeks with home testing!

It just feels like I have regressed 10 years and I am dealing with all the same things I did back then when I was scared out of my wits. I am trying to remember all I have learned and apply the logic but it is tough - I hope to find some friendly advice and support here, it's nice to find a place where people understand.

Thanks
Earthworm

nomorepanic
26-02-10, 09:03
Hi Earthworm

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
26-02-10, 11:14
Hi and welcome to NMP , you will find it supportive here :welcome: Paige x

JT69
26-02-10, 12:22
Hi Earthworm, I only joined the site a couple of weeks ago and it has made a huge difference to my life, in fact it has been a god send as I am going through a difficult time myself suffering with depression and anxeity. Lovely, helpful people on here. Jo.

Veronica H
26-02-10, 13:14
:welcome:to NMP. Glad that you have found us.

Veronicax