PDA

View Full Version : side effect of citalopram

faye75
26-02-10, 09:02
Hi, I'm new to this forum and desperate to know if anyone else suffers the same side effect that I have. I seem to be intensly sensitive to cold. After even a small amount of exercise, when I stop it seems that my body temperature drops and even if indoors wrapped in a duvet I need a hot water bottle to stop me shivering!! I sometimes wake at night shivering because I am so cold even in a heated bedroom just because my arm is outside my duvet. Someone suggested under active thyroid was the cause but I have had a blood test and it is not the cause. My GP says it is probably the side effect of the citalopram - I am on 30mg a day. My only other symptom is I'm hugely tired - even after 10 hours sleep! Having been on fluoxetine for several years has been given as the reason for not suffering the other side effects, nausea etc. The fuoxetine actually seemed to make the panic attacks worse!

Sorry to go on but it is so nice to find people who know what it's really like!
I would come off cit. but don't think I ready to worry about the return of panic attacks. Vicious circle!!