PDA

View Full Version : Tired of this

Sunkid
26-02-10, 13:12
Hi Guys

I am so tired of working myself into a state about every little thing that goes wrong in my body. I have had skin cancer, leukemia, prostate cancer, heart disease, MS, brain tumour and bone cancer - all in the last week!!! I am wondering if it will ever stop. The worst is that it is so real every time that I go through all the emotions that a person goes through that is told that they actually have one of these. The worst part is that I do not feel relieved when I find out that nothing is wrong with me. I just wait for the next thing to enter my mind that will make me worry. I am so tired of this...

meg86
26-02-10, 14:27
Yes it is a never ending cycle! i think its a good sign that you are seeing the pattern, and that each situation has felt real but isnt real! this is a very good thing to remember!

I have been the same and everytime i get results that say i dont have this or that, i feel relief for around a week and then something else usually kicks in!

The only thing that is helping me overcome this is using CBT tools, have you had CBT in the past? xx

Sunkid
01-03-10, 08:20
Hi Meg

Thanks for the reply. I am a therapist myself, so I am familiar with CBT. I just needed to vent and this forum is an excellent place to do so because people understand. Keep well

sjr1969
01-03-10, 19:01
i could of written this post myself! big hugs x

melvin
01-03-10, 19:13
i also could have written this

Sunkid
05-03-10, 09:08
I had a really bad week with sleep deprivation. It feels as though I am hallucinating - my mind drives me absolutely bonkers. The end result is that I get so tired after a while that sleep becomes impossible. Funny how sleep will not come when you are "over tired." Other symptoms that go with it:
Tight chest and pain including neck and shoulders
Battling to breathe
Really dizzy
Sensation that I am leaving my body - really nasty!
Tingling in face, chest and arms

The only consolation is that I had this in the past and it passed and I am sure that it will pass once more. The trick is to relax before going to bed, but that is not always easy

gypsywomen
05-03-10, 09:26
do you find it hard working in the job you d ,,and having same problems ,i think a lot of docters and nurses are troubled with this illness more so ,i was a nurse it affec ted me

Sunkid
06-03-10, 08:21
It definitely affects my work. I have a high profile job - general manager of a company. I am so tired at work sometimes that I have to leave the office and take a walk through the building just to prevent me from falling asleep at my desk! The real issue is the annoying physical symptoms that hit me out of nowhere...the skipped beats, sudden feeling of nausea, dizziness, tight chest and shoulders etc. I have identified a cycle; feeling anxious (for whatever reason), change thinking (feel calm), then the physical symptoms that start the whole cycle all over again. I am at least now at a point where this cycle happens only once in a month or two instead of constantly like in the beginning. I guess you could say that I am living with this condition and my life is pretty normal. I did not think that it would ever be back to normal when it first hit me four or five years ago...so there is hope, or maybe I am just lucky