PDA

View Full Version : blooming symptoms

molly15
06-01-06, 20:42
hi everyone why is it when u think your having an okay day you get some horrid symptom or sensation and your bac to the start again.ive been doing ok today not great but ok for me and then i get a symptom and it makes me freeze with fear even though i was busy doing stuff at the time.i just want to be able to shrug it off but cant seem to do that yet.ive fallen over that mountain but im trying to climb bac up but i keep slipping down again.anyway hope you are all wll love marcia xx

marcia lowe

Meg
07-01-06, 11:53
Hi Marcia

It seems that you are struggling to accept that these are just random sensations that will not hurt you at all and it is all part and parcel of recovery.
Learning to just ignore them and carry on.

For you if you're a freeze and sharpintake of breath person it helps to start to down grade the fear in your self messages first , so from - I'm going to die to It does feels awful but I'm sure I will be ok and get used to that first before trying to really ignore them totally.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

nomorepanic
07-01-06, 12:50
Marcia

It is hard to accept that it is all anxiety when it happens but just try to talk to yourself calmly and rationally when it happens and reassure yourself that you are fine and nothing is going to happen.

I know that is not easy but I used to say to myself "I am fine, I am not dying and it will pass soon".

Keep climbing back up ok?

Nicola