PDA

View Full Version : lansoprazole..help

maybeoneday
26-02-10, 18:24
hi, suffering badly now, indegestion, heartburn but most of all bloating and i cant eat because i feel so full and it makes me very breathless, my doctor has given me lansoprazole will these help because im scared to take them i have tablet phobia scared of side effects:weep:.

Maj
26-02-10, 18:33
I take them myself and had no side effects whatsoever. I also know others who also had none, so please don't be afraid to take them.
Myra:)

maybeoneday
26-02-10, 18:55
myra
do my symptoms sound likje acid?

angieboo
26-02-10, 20:24
hi, suffering badly now, indegestion, heartburn but most of all bloating and i cant eat because i feel so full and it makes me very breathless, my doctor has given me lansoprazole will these help because im scared to take them i have tablet phobia scared of side effects:weep:.hiya
i also have a phobia taking tablets as fear of the side effects but i can tell you i have taken these tablets for years with no side effects and i tell you they are great as i suffer from G.E.R.D dont be worried honestly.

unspoken
26-02-10, 21:09
I haven't had any problems at all with lansoprazole :) it should make you feel better after a few days. I found it helped my reflux a lot which reduced my panic symptoms as well. I know other people who take it and I don't know anyone who's had side effects.

maybeoneday
26-02-10, 21:37
im going to be brave and take them tomorrow, has anyone taken them with antidepressants im on seroxat.
do they get rid of the wind high up in stomach? i suffer with bloating more than anything which makes me breathless i then panic.

Maj
26-02-10, 21:57
Yes it does sound like acid and it's so common so please don't worry. I think anxiety can actually aggravate it at times. The lansoprazole should give you some relief.
Myra x

unspoken
26-02-10, 22:25
Take the lansoprazole first thing in the morning, at least half an hour before you eat anything. I find that the best time to take it because it's easiest to remember and I know I'll have an empty stomach. I am also on Sertraline (antidepressant) and Mebeverine (for IBS) and I take all 3 tablets at the same time, first thing in the morning, and not had any problems with them together.

maybeoneday
26-02-10, 23:12
thankyou everyone for your help x

sunshine-lady
27-02-10, 15:18
I have been taking Lansoprazole for many years along with several different meds. I find that they work really well and have had no side effects at all. The only thing I was told is not to take any antacid medication at the same time, not sure why but I suppose it stops the Lansoprazole being as effective.

I know you have a med phobia but you will be fine taking these.

Good luck :)

maybeoneday
28-02-10, 15:25
thankyou everyone.
unspoken, what do you mean by its helped with your panic problems?
because i find i dont exactly panic i find because iget bloated and find it hard to breathe i feel anxiousy if that makes sence.

NeverRelaxed
28-02-10, 21:55
whats the medication like? is it effective?

I only have over the counter gaviscon. sometimes it helps, sometimes it doesnt.

maybeoneday
28-02-10, 21:57
i still havent took it, but i am feeling better last couple of days, i think i answered your other post. on a different thread.