PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Zalice
26-02-10, 23:08
I have been suffering from depression from a young age and at 16 was put on diazepam (which i took for a about 2 weeks).
Im now 20 years of age and last year while working abroad in Spain had my first ever panick attack and was rushed to a clinic, they didnt know what was wrong with me and discharged me the next day, a week later i had another attack and they realised that i was suffering from panic attacks. I was sent back to the UK to see my local doctor who tried to put me on diazepam again but i said no and she put me on the NHS list to see a psychologist...still waiting to see one!!
That same year, i moved back to Greece i got in a horrible relationship with a guy who couldnt and wouldnt understand how it is to suffer from depression and from panic/anxiety attacks, split up with him and now living back with my mum.
I have done plenty of research on the net about panic attacks but still dont understand why im having them and here in Greece they dont know much about them either...

nomorepanic
26-02-10, 23:09
Hi Zalice

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
26-02-10, 23:21
Hi , welcome to NMP, you will find it helpful and supportive here :welcome: Paige x

Patty
27-02-10, 13:50
Hi Zalice

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :flowers: