PDA

View Full Version : If your pulse is pretty stead and around 72 could there be a problem?

looking4answers
27-02-10, 01:57
My heart rate stays pretty steady around 72 and sometimes in the evenings even 64 .. its steady beating but at night when im tired or eaten a large meal its starts skipping.. The way I have been feeling lately I worry about anything and everything being a problem.. If your heart is like this, would it indicate you are probably healthy and no issues?

Corinne
27-02-10, 02:14
That sounds perfect to me, Michael.

Your heart rate will decrease at night when you are relaxed and sleepy. Blood pressure goes down also.

If I eat too much or eat certain foods, my heart will beat faster. It has to do with digestion.

Your heart seems to be working normally.

Maj
27-02-10, 11:06
Just reading your recent posts Michael seems to me like you are feeling more anxious again. You did mention before that you were in the middle of a house move. Without a doubt this will be causing these symptoms as it is so stressful - no matter how much you want/don't want to move. Sometimes changes in life don't come easy to us and other people sail through everything!! We're all different. The symptoms will settle down once everything is in place. I hope you feel better soon.
Myra x

Jimpy
27-02-10, 12:04
72bpm is spot on according to the cardiologist I saw, my number of beats goes up and down all the time. And skipping beats after a meal is ok too, mine come randomly but I have spoken to alot of people who get many more after eating. On a different note all the best for your house move, I am sure it will be fine, just rember to take some quiet time for yourself everyday! That's what I do when my anxiety flares up,

jim

NeverRelaxed
28-02-10, 01:47
That sounds absolutely fine. steady 72bpm = great.

Not like my weak 130bpm at the hospital a number of weeks ago!