PDA

View Full Version : Hi ~ new here =)

trixie1981
27-02-10, 13:44
Hiya all just a quick post to introduce myself.

I'm Tracy, 29 and live in Scotland.

I live with my better half and I'm a Mum of 2. My son is 9 and my daughter is 5. My daughter has 2 rare chromosome disorders and at the moment I am her full time carer.

I've been suffering with panic attacks since I was 16 so a long time now and they don't seem to be getting any better.

They effect every aspect of my life from shopping to cinema trips to holidays. I hate going on journeys of any length ~ even 5 minutes in the car can be enough to have me crying and severe panic sets in. Standing in a queue at the supermarket can have me feeling like I am going to die. I hate being away from the toilet because I feel like I need the toilet every few minutes and I am terrified of either wetting or soiling myself (probably too much information there sorry!)

It really is disabling and I don't know if I can ever beat this ~ I really do hope so though.

I'm getting married in August and the panic is setting in already. I even turned down being one of my friends bridesmaids because I couldn't cope with getting to the church and reception and having everyone looking at me (not that they would be obviously but my mind doesn't think like that!)

So anyway that's a bit about me and mine. Thanks for reading and I look forward to 'meeting' you all.

diane07
27-02-10, 13:45
Hi trixie1981

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Patty
27-02-10, 14:01
Hi Trixie

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can totally relate to the symptoms you describe. :hugs:

Best wishes :flowers:

JT69
27-02-10, 14:39
Hi Tracy, you have joined the right place. Lots of info, lots of lovely helpful people on here. I joined a couple of weeks ago and it has helped me so much. Totally understand what you
are going through and how you feel in certain situations, people who have never experienced it just dont understand....hopefully you will get alot of help on here and start to feel much better. Welcome. Jo.

Mr Parfect
28-02-10, 01:50
Welcome to NMP

trixie1981
02-03-10, 10:39
Thank you for the kind welcome everyone. It feels so good just to know I'm not alone with these feelings =)