PDA

View Full Version : can I suffer from anxiety, dont think I have had a panic attack

salimali
27-02-10, 21:24
Hi,

I dont think I have ever had a full blown panic attack. I have always been anxious and at the moment I am dealing with a lot of emotional stress as husband is not well. Im constantly lightheaded and worry about everything. I also have a lot of tingling going on all over and stabbing pains is various places. I sometimes have heart palps and I am do have HA.

Doc said I have anxiety but cant understand why I can feel lightheaded and stuff when Im not hyperventelating and just doing normal things. Im worried that I have something wrong with me and cant let it go:weep:
sharanj xxx

Utility
27-02-10, 22:37
Hi

Listen to your GP. You can have anxiety without having a panic attack so don't worry about it being anything more sinister.
Have a look at the info. down the left side of the website, it will explain all.

anx mum
27-02-10, 22:46
yeah i have had pains and tingling all over my body its severe anxiety. Like u i always worry about my health the physical symptoms r so real.

salimali
27-02-10, 23:38
thanks, but I still find in hard to believe. How can I just feel dizzy when Im realxed for example, just when I get up from the sofa, of walk up the stairs. Its something more im sure

nomorepanic
27-02-10, 23:40
If you get up and feel dizzy then it could be blood pressure

salimali
27-02-10, 23:44
thanks but no my blood pressure is fine

svenkuijper
06-06-15, 19:37
do you still have your lymphnodes?

Emilym80
07-06-15, 03:32
Hi there,

Pano attacks can be very different for different people. I usually have limited symptom attacks, which are technically panic attacks but aren't the 'classic' lose control/feel like you're having a heart attack experience. They last for ages, like a couple of hours and are usually just periods of extreme depersonalisation with random waves of severe anxiety. Crucially, some people can have limited symptom attacks without actually feeling anxious during them and just having physical symptoms.

There's only a paucity of resources available on LSAs but there are some good threads on various forums if you look them up.

MyNameIsTerry
07-06-15, 06:59
I've never had a full panic attack, I get to where I think I will and stay like that for ages. Thats a typical one for anxiety, especially GAD where it can be for a long time.

Hyperventilation can easily occur or dizziness in absence of a panic attack anyway. The fact there are so many of us who have had them who do not have Panic Disorder would appear to demonstrate that.

There are also many possibly physical causes too for a GP to rule out, as NICE/NHS Choices state they should, but sadly a lazy GP may choose to write it up as anxiety and walk away.

cel
07-06-15, 11:47
I am in exactly the same boat as you. I have suffered from anxiety (mostly HA) for over a year now and it is horrible. Like you I thought it cant be anxiety because I'm not having these actual panic attacks that so many describe. Instead on and off daily I feel light headed/woozy, have shakes, tingles in feet and hands, random pains throughout my whole body, head pains/headaches, getting words mixed up etc etc. The list goes on! Even went to a neurologist and she said everything was fine and that I am just suffering from anxiety probably brought on by severe stress! I'm like you in finding it hard to believe when the doctor tells you that everything is fine but we have to fight our worrying urges and be strong! Harder done than said I know but we can only do our best! :)