PDA

View Full Version : Total withdrawal

Red_Flare
28-02-10, 02:07
Has anyone ever experienced a total withdrawal. I don't know it's like you want a dissociation with friends, like you want to push everyone away?

Anxious_gal
28-02-10, 02:12
no because I hate being alone.
are you pushing away people because you want to be alone or maybe because of your anxiety?

suzy-sue
28-02-10, 02:45
Yes ..i did cos i felt so alone and didnt feel part of everything around me .I couldnt explain and didnt want to anyway .So it was easier to cut myself off from everyone .I just didnt want to have to pretend i was ok ,because i wasnt .....I was depressed and had acute anxiety ...Sue x

Red_Flare
28-02-10, 03:02
I hate being alone too, i disassociated myself with everything and and everyone in my life when i was 18 and since then i have been somewhat alone. It's kinda strange sometimes, it's like my life has stoped since i was 18.

Rom
28-02-10, 10:45
In regarding to your post your not the only one to have become totally isolated since around 18-19 im in a similar boat things are very difficult to deal with alone for sure.I know it makes you feel like a freak to society or the odd one out and that nothings gonna change its all quite depressing isn't it?

smudger
28-02-10, 13:46
I have had total withdrawal from everything and everybody, even my close family, avoiding family meals, night outs, having friends round for dinner, I even deleted myself off facebook at one point! I just didn't want and couldn't stand being around anybody. Its a horrible feeling but I am getting better now.

Foxfire
28-02-10, 17:39
I can relate to that. Easier to cut myself off from everyone :weep:

mummy4
28-02-10, 21:19
i can also relate to this and yes i have cut most people off around me

Redrainbow
28-02-10, 22:27
Hi,,,
Well think it, but don't do it please,,,because i did the same thing, and once you are completely on your own that's a horrible place to be, and then you ask yourself why have i done this? Time out is alright, but don't completely withdraw from people because that is a lonely nasty place to be.
Your best to be around people because otherwise you withdraw into yourself to far!!!
Oh i'm no expert but take it from me,,it's best not to withdraw that far, just put things on hold a little and take a little time out for yourself here and there,
Best wishes, Red.

hopers
02-03-10, 11:47
wheni was 20 i comleatly rid my self of all fmaily and friends and sarted to drinki delveloped an eating disorder as well as agrophobia and i got diagnoised wit having bipola i was compleatly alone and scread and so....... departe it wasnt till i started to socailise agin tha t my life turned around and got better xxx

MissG
02-03-10, 22:33
I'm going through that at the moment hun. Pushed away all my friends. Like I want to be alone, even though I don't.
xx

Red_Flare
07-03-10, 03:55
I find it really strange we do this, perhaps we wanted or/want to? Maybe where just not sure.I had a feeling of being on a tightrope and trying to stay on. I think i fell off :unsure: am not truly sure what that means.But if you can stay on. it's probably better. sorry for talking metaphor but i hope you know what i mean.

oldgraymare
07-03-10, 13:42
i kind of had that experience in the beginning of my health anxiety, though i dont know if it was quite what you are talking about. i didnt want to see anyone because i was embarrassed by the panicked crazy behaviour i felt i was displaying as i had never lost control the way i did. then i got derealization and that made it even worse if possible. its not fun...

NotResponding
07-03-10, 17:02
when i was around 15-18 i withdrew totally, its a very lonely situation, i realise now its jus cuz the anxiety was too strong. i mean, how do you answer your mum after school when you dont even know what's going on, and youre just starting to feel and see properly after gettin back home, perhaps not even knowing that what youre suffering has a name.