PDA

View Full Version : getting bad again.....

denise84
07-01-06, 13:52
hi all, well at the beginning of december i decided it would be a good idea to come off my anti-ds, without consulting my doc i just stopped taking them. since then my panic attacks are coming more and bad, my depression isnt too bad although im starting to lose my temper and so on again, so im gonna tell my doc what i did and see if i should go back on them. is my panic flaring back up got anything to do with my stopping taking my anti-ds? im just not sure of anything anymore to be honest, some days i feel i dont want my husband or my kids and that realy cuts me up when i think like that, i feel i should be punnished, am i being punnished for thinking that? dont know.....but would be glad o hear what u guys say anyway. thanx and take care xxx.

dmcgovern

vernon
07-01-06, 14:03
Hi Denise, I think it would be coming off the anti depressants to fast you are supposed to cut down gradually, and even then you will feel a little worst for a while until your body adjusts to being without them. I found the same problem when I stopped drinking after 40 years of heavy daily drinking. I stopped about 6 weeks before the withdrawals got really bad then it took about 12 months until I felt any better. But that was 40 years of drinking so I shouldn’t think that coming off AD gradually would give you the long-term withdrawal effects. What Meds where you taking and for how long? And was it a heavy dose, hope you feel better soon. Vernon

india
07-01-06, 14:43
Hi there, I think stopping anti-depressents is best done gradually, so i would think your symptoms maybe bad again because of stopping them.I have been cutting down my dose for the last 4 years! I can relate to how you feel about not wanting your husband and kids around, sometimes it all gets too much and i just want to lock myself away. However i think most mums feel like that sometimes, not just people like us! Try and take sometime for yourself, even if its just 10mins just to recharge your batteries. Husbands and kids can be very demanding and you feel you are giving all the time and not getting anything back. Good luck discussing your meds with your doctor. You are not alone.

Love India xxx

Meg
07-01-06, 14:50
*is my panic flaring back up got anything to do with my stopping taking my anti-ds?*

Yes most likely it is related. Coming off antidepressants suddenly is not an easy option and you can get withdrawal as well as rebound anxiety and panic.

See your doctor and discuss the next plans with them.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Yvonne
07-01-06, 16:18
Hi Denise

As far as I know - you must never stop taking ad's abruptly. If you look on the information leaflet of the meds it will certainly have a paragraph referring to coming off the m edication and I am sure it will say don't stop taking your meds without consulting your doctor.

When you take an ad - it takes at least a couple of weeks before it starts to work. The medications are not like taking Paracetemol - they have a build up effect in your system. I am not surprised that you are getting anxious. I would see your gp at the earliest opportunity and get him to give you a withdrawal programme.

I had a horrendous time when being withdrawn too quickly from Seroxat (that's a particularly difficult med to come off) and I wouldn't like you to suffer if you don't have to.

Lots of love
Yvonne

Y Goble

Sal x
07-01-06, 16:33
Hi Denise,

I did exactly the same thing back in July as I felt totally fine (how wrong I was)

Within a month or two, which is prob the amount of time they needed to get fully out of my system, I was back, if not worse to my old constant anxious state. I went back to the docs and I am now back on them.

And the think about the way you feel about your husband, all I can say is SNAP !

I have thoughts like that and then get really upset that I could even think that and then decide that I am being punished for having such a brill, understanding husband in the first place.

I am can really relate to your post so please feel free to PM anytime as I think it may help us both.

take care x

Sal x

Piglet
07-01-06, 17:09
Hi Den,

I agree with all that's been said hun - the way to come off has to be slow.

Chat to your doc again and do a new action plan.

Big hug.

Love Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

trac67
07-01-06, 18:14
Hi Denise,

I am as bad as you im afraid, I did exactly the same as you and stopped my meds 10 weeks ago, just cut them the same as you, decided that after 8 years I had, had enough of them.

I admit I have been struggling again, but it is getting easier as the weeks are going on, its just the tiredness that has hit me hard.

If you need a chat at all just pm me or add me to MSN, and if I can halp you at all I will.

Take care

Trac XX

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

denise84
14-01-06, 14:43
hi peeps, sorry i havent replied earlier but my comp is down so i have to use my mums. i went to doc and she said i need a slap lol, she told me to start taking my pills again and i havent to expect to be on these for a wee while, she said peeps are on these for years not months. right now im feeling dizzy, got numb legs and arms, and a splitting headache. gonna start med tomorrow. miss u guys heaps, wish i could be on here all the time like before, but just gotta wait till hubby fixes comp. takecare all. xx

dmcgovern