PDA

View Full Version : Questions I have RE: Reflux

NeverRelaxed
28-02-10, 06:34
Im wondering,

can you have reflux without the dominant symptom being heartburn?

do any of you have upper back pain with your reflux?

and do you have breathing difficulties..particulary difficulty breathing from abdomen?

moomintroll
28-02-10, 11:38
Im wondering,

can you have reflux without the dominant symptom being heartburn?

do any of you have upper back pain with your reflux?

and do you have breathing difficulties..particulary difficulty breathing from abdomen?

i get reflux when i am feeling anxious, but i have not experienced back pain with it, i get breathing problems with it but my doctor told me that is due to the acid coming up from my stomach as it makes me cough

the best thing to do is speak to your doctor about it :hugs:

flamarella
28-02-10, 11:54
HEY,

i juat posted that i am having severe pain in my shoulder blade , neck and left arm i dont kn ow if this can be caused by the same thing but i am very worried also

Jan63
28-02-10, 16:27
Yes I think it can. I had it in my back and shoulder blades when I first started with it in 2008 and the doctor said this is normal. I also get it under my ribs and have seen another doctor about it and he said it is acid reflux. I get bouts of it on and off which I think is to do with my anxiety.:blush:

I have had it with and without heartburn.

Morley
28-02-10, 16:51
Hi, yes I get reflux without heartburn. I usually get pain on one side of my throat, usually the left side near the palete, I have been told by the doctor that the acid could be causing this but they are not sure, my diagnosis is a spasm causing it. I have had it for a few years and still worry about it! I take omeprazole to help, It does ease the pain in my throat and back, my reflux is worse when I am going through stressful events, I also get burning pain in my back too.

moomintroll
28-02-10, 17:44
Hi, yes I get reflux without heartburn. I usually get pain on one side of my throat, usually the left side near the palete, I have been told by the doctor that the acid could be causing this but they are not sure, my diagnosis is a spasm causing it. I have had it for a few years and still worry about it! I take omeprazole to help, It does ease the pain in my throat and back, my reflux is worse when I am going through stressful events, I also get burning pain in my back too.

i have just finished a course of omeprazole, i thought it helped with the spasms, my doctor called it general oespohagus reflux disorder, something to do with it going to to spasm and the valve at the top of your stomach, i notice mine more when i am anxious though

maybeoneday
28-02-10, 20:48
i have exactly the same never relaxed, i do get hear burn occasionally but iget more bloating and i find ithard to breath with my abdomen.
i find that im alot worse when im due on or ovalalting does anyone else experience this because im panicing as i stupidly googled and convinced myself ihave ovarian cancer as i have most if not all the symptoms, last week i was in so much pain, bloating, reflux, i have had a bleed and now ifeel much better.