PDA

View Full Version : i think i am having a heart attack or lung cancer!!!!

flamarella
28-02-10, 11:50
:weep: hi everyone im amy

the day before yesturday i started getting a sharp pain under my rib cage up my shoulder blade. i drank 2 gas x and it relieved it for sometime but i woke up today with this sharp pain in my neck and arm shoulder that it is hard to breath!!!! i dont understand because it goes and comes back and i have a lot of gas.. but it sehat gas can cause this much pain i mean i cant breath right and there are positions that hurt more then others!!! im so scared im having signs of a heart attack or lung cancer :weep: PLEASE HELP ME

Jaco45er
28-02-10, 12:00
Hi Flamarella

You know what it sounds like? trapped wind (ok ok trapped gas since you are in the USA ;)).

When you have anxiety, your digestive system plays up and with that comes lots of wind and digestive problems (well not problems, but it doesn't work as well as it could). Before you know it, you are getting pains all over, typically around the chest, between the shoulder blades is a favorite too.

Now as an anxiety sufferer, you don't think of "trapped gas" oh no, it can't be something so trivial, it must be REALLY BAD.

But honestly, it is rarely anything bad, and almost always trivial :)

It sounds like a bit of trapped gas has your anxiety going and hence you are getting these pains and the ole "hard to breath" symptom (had that so many times).

If you can't re-assure yourself, why not pop and see you GP, sometimes that can feel like a great big weight is lifted from you once they tell you nothing is wrong.

GL

Jaco

Peter_Scott
28-02-10, 12:06
Anxiety can cause these symptoms, so can gas. I am not medical but if you have new chest pain you should always get it looked out by a Dr. nine times out of ten it is not what we worry about, if you have ha then we always fear the worse, but it is always better to play safe. Over the years I have had chest pain that has moved to my jaw, down my left arm, classic heart pain, I took no chances and saw a doctor and was reassured that all was well, and he must have been right as I am still here years latter. See a doctor if you are worried just to put your mind at rest, chances are it is gas and/or anxiety so all should be well.

flamarella
28-02-10, 12:08
the thing is i have no insurance and i owe like 8,000 to the hospital i want to stop going for stupid reasons =( does anyone else have this happen to them

Kraggy
28-02-10, 14:18
Did you by any chance do some heavy lifting? or moved into a strange position that could've stretched your muscles or something? The mucles in your chest & under your arm pits and stuff "Help your lungs breathe". If these muscles are tense, Like if you got a muscle ache there. Breathing will hurt.

here you can clearly see the muscles I am talking about

http://images.google.nl/url?source=imgres&ct=tbn&q=http://www.yorku.ca/earmstro/journey/images/extobliques.jpeg&usg=AFQjCNES3mSkKNt2Qee0QOXrRi1HeE2o_Q

I'm not a doctor ofcourse, But just saying that its a possibility, and the changes are many, many, MANY times higher then some form of cancer :3