PDA

View Full Version : can't take it anymore..

Iheartray
28-02-10, 15:53
Hi everyone. I used to post here a few years ago. I haven't for a long time, but I am getting to a point where I could really use some support from people who understand what I am going through. I don't have panic attacks every day, it seems to be about once a month, but I constantly feel on the verge of having one. I don't think I have had a "normal" feeling day for 4 years. I am getting to the end of my rope. I can pinpoint the exact date when I had my first panic attack and I have felt like I've been in a fog ever since, like something in my brain just snapped. Why do I feel like this all day, every day? Will it ever go away? Do other people with anxiety feel it constantly? Can you pinpoint the exact day it started like I can? (I have always found that strange.) Thanks in advance for any replies!

verity
28-02-10, 16:11
Hi there, I can relate to what you are saying. I feel anxious most of the time. I have had anxiety issues since I was young but have got worse in the last two years. I can also pin point the day it got worse and I had a panic attack. I am so scared of panic attacks that I think that is why I often feel like I'm on the verge of one. I don't think what you have said sounds strange at all. What triggered the first panic? It can get better but u may need some help. Are u having any therapy or on any meds? xx

Meewah
28-02-10, 18:26
Hi

Me Too!

I can pin point the exact day. Since then, 22 Oct 2006, I have never felt as I did prior to my change. I did get a lot better over months but still feel it as a back ground buzz. Certain things that I could do easily before are now stressful and make me feel really bad. I feel the answer is to just pick up your feelings and move forward with them. Easier said than done.

Mee

Typer
01-03-10, 17:25
I can pin point them and why...it is that thing called memory that Claire Weeks mentions in her book. Please if you have not read it, read it

Granny Primark
01-03-10, 20:36
I remember the day and time I had my first panic attack.
I was working on the community and got stuck in a traffic jam.
Im really scared of feeling panicky now, but although I cant work ive found things that help me live a more normal life than I had when I first became ill with panic attacks.
Knowing that other people understand and that I can chat with other sufferers has helped enormously.

Iheartray
02-03-10, 05:06
I think the weird part for me isn't clearly remembering my first panic attack, it's that I don't remember feeling any of the brain fog/anxiety I feel every single day now before it happened that day. Like it just turned on somehow and now I'm unable to turn it off. My first panic attack wasn't even under stressful circumstances, I was at a party with people that I am normally completely at ease with, I'm still not sure what set it off.

Typer - I have read the Claire Weekes book "Hope and Help for your Nerves". VERY good. I ordered it online and sat and read it in one sitting. I am now trying to get my mom and a couple of other people who are close to me to read it so they can kind of understand what I'm going through. It's sooo nice to have people you can relate to about this because people who haven't been through it simply don't understand.
p.s. Lost is awesome!