PDA

View Full Version : please help!!!

hannah84
28-02-10, 16:24
Oh god I've jsut taken an extra citalopram by accident, I normally take a propranolol and a citalpram in the moring and then a propranolol at night and I just took both I don't know why I just wasent thinking so I have taken 40mg of citalopram what will happen is this bad I hate taking meds anyway so I feel anxious already!
If anyone has done this before please tell me what will happen will I be ok?
Thanks

shortstuff
28-02-10, 16:29
If you're really worried, ring NHS direct 0845 4647. As many people are on 40mg dose, be reassured that this is not an overdose issue. When you increase the dose you may get the side effect symptoms associated with Citalopram, for instance, you may feel more anxious. It is so easily done, but I am sure you will be fine.

JT69
28-02-10, 16:59
Hi Hannah, Please dont worry. You are probably feeling anxious because you know what you have done rather that the effect of the med. I am sure it shouldn't make any difference but as shortstuff says if it will ease your mind even further than phone NHS direct. You will be o.k hun. Jo.xx

smudger
28-02-10, 17:09
Hi. I did this once and I was ok. Just check with NHS Direct to be on safe side if that reassures you. xx