PDA

View Full Version : Cancer worry, but very embarassing post!!

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 16:41
Ok im very embarassed to be asking this,but am kinda worried (really annoyed as been feeling better of late). This is a serious post and isn't meant to be explicit or anything!! My friend said she had masurbated internally with hairbrushes/make up brushes. Me and my boyfriend tried this with a makeup brush inside of me a while ago, and since then ive done it a a few times on my own over last year. im worried that this could have hurt me. It has never caused pain, however im worried it could lead to cancer, i.e. brush was made frm plastic (coloured plastic) and a little part metal, im worried could have been toxic or at least a carcinogen!!!! should i be worried, I have done it quite a few times but this has only dawned on me today and now I feel so stupid. I have no pain or bleeding im just worried for the future. I know I shouldnt use objects not specifically designed fro the purpose and wont in future. Im worried as the brushes were probs quite cheap and maybe could have had cheap lacquer on them I dont know and maybe it could have rubbed off or something like that.

Should I be worried? I also posted this topic on another website and someone said cheap dildos etc could cause cancer cos of the type of plastic, is this at all true? cos then this could incude the brush I used as was probs a cheap plastic, argh! Im just scared traces may have been rubbing off inside m and I didnt know. Im sure the brushes were made in china and they dont have same safety standards with materials do they? m just so scared I could have dont something that is going to trigger cancer, I feel sick and oh so stupid!!!

Sorry if this seems a crazy worry!!

EmmaJane
28-02-10, 16:45
Hi,

I wouldnt worry to much, obviously, you need to be a bit cautious on what you mess around with, but I'm sure your not the only one who has experimented with things before.

randomworry
28-02-10, 17:12
no chance of cancer at all

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 17:34
Thanks for your replies, the reassurance does help!

Would it be excessive to visit a doctor? or does anyone think it sounds like I would need to?

I really dont want to though as would be mortified and the doc might laugh at me or be disgusted! Its just the bnagging thought tht the brush could be toxic or made of a dangerous substance, im really angry with myself at the moment!

PanicOver!!
28-02-10, 17:57
I cant imangine them making hair brushes or anything else out of any harmful material.
Im sure you will be fine

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 18:09
Thanks, so hope your right, so dont want to have to see a doc over this and ask her what she thinks, I guess they wouldnt really know the answer anyway. Sure Im just being stupid! (I hope, feel very like crying at the moment). Any other reassurances much appreciated though!

randomworry
28-02-10, 18:33
no more reassurance for you dudette..........you know its not good for you.........get of the forum and live it up!!

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 19:41
Im not sure if I have white specs in my urine, it looks a little cloudy... (ive never really looked before so wouldnt know if urine always looks like this). Not sure if im imagining this since infection has been mentioned on here. I have no pain on urinating or itching or any pain at all, nor do I need to urinate an excessive amount..... Could I still have an infection, maybe have had one for ages due to the brush and just never knew it? argh, now am worrying about cancer and a possible undiagnosed infection lol! surely I would know if I had an infection though. and wht would be the consequences of one undiagnosed for ages!

EmmaJane
28-02-10, 20:09
Dont worry about the brush, but if your worried about infection, the doc can do a quick test of urine and an internal to see of there are infections. It would put your mind at rest, as i'm sure your ok, but you can relax then.

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 20:19
Say I had, had and infection for say maybe even a year and not known about it could this lead to something terrible like say kidney failure! though I assume Id know if I was on the way to something as serious as tht right? although ive read kidney failure can have few symptoms till too late, argh!

scjj
28-02-10, 21:19
no it wont cause cancer, id be more careful about any internal damage you may cause, stay away from other objects if i was you. wouldnt worry about cancer though

randomworry
28-02-10, 21:23
you would not have an infection for a year because you have an immune system.

try to relax you are definately fine

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 21:39
Thank you all, think I am starting to relax a bit more now. Only thing bothering me is this post I got elsewhere (not frm a medical person) who said that Id be at a much greater risk of having thr brush inside me if brush was toxic than frm just holiding it in my hand as the vagina is all membranes and theres high acidity, heat and moisture that would soak up any toxins!!! argh!

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 21:51
you've been using the makeup brush inside of you for years? (sorry just would feel reassured more if someone else has done this as well)

linjoy
28-02-10, 22:53
Yes

linjoy
28-02-10, 22:54
and I'm older than you

Rachel W
01-03-10, 00:17
Louise you couldn't have an infection of the bladder and urethra and not know about it. I had one once and my mum just got over a bout of cystitis and believe me, it makes you feel that you have to wee all the time and then when you do the burning pain is unbearable. Urine comes in all colours depending on what you have been drinking. If you drink a lot it tends to be very pale. If you take vitamins, especially B's then it will be a bright almost fluorescent yellow/green. Sometimes it can look a little cloudy, especially if the water in the bowl is cold.

Please try not to worry. You would also have to use something a lot of for any possible carcinogens to take effect (you don't leave it up there all night for weeks?), and as hair brushes are design for body use, the plastic should be fine anyway. You should be careful though as the wall of the vagina could get hurt (but even that would heal).

Please take care and try not to worry. I know what it is like to think about every little thing, but as someone said, it is not good for us.

louise123_uk
01-03-10, 00:24
I know your right thanks, I think the infection panic was me going looking for one, I can see tht now I think.

I did er do the makeupbrush thing quite a few times over the last year but no not anything like er leaving it there lol, have def stopped altogether now and the concensus does seem to be tht im worrying about nothing, so fingers crossed! really hoping im calmer tomorrow, think have decided against docs tho, would have to be the most embrassing thing in world to reveal!

louise123_uk
01-03-10, 09:44
Have decided I might go to the docs today and ask about this but am worried she migth either be disgusted or laugh or telme off for time wasting. Still feeling scared!

randomworry
01-03-10, 10:27
you dont need to see the doctor about the incident louise...........if you ride out the anxiety you will maybe able to break the health anxiety cycle

louise123_uk
01-03-10, 18:53
I havent been to docs today, but do just keep imaging that something must have collected inside me and be lying dormant for future, am watching a film and trying to distract myself at mo!

hungrycaterpillar
01-03-10, 19:53
Think about hairdressers and make-up artists who hold brushes like that for hours and hours a day, 6-7 days a week, for many many years, they don't get any symptoms from them.

I know its hard but try not to worry. :hugs:

louise123_uk
04-03-10, 13:24
Thanks for the support. I have avoided seeing a doc up to now. Im just worry maybe a few times a month for a year probs i prolonged exposure so if the brush was made of a bad plastic/metal then ive probs been exposed enough for something to be lying dormant, argh! And if it is il have done it to myself!

:-(

Carys
04-03-10, 14:42
You've done well to not see the doctor, and I really don't think you need to either. Look, without being grim about this, and I'm not talking about me personally here :ohmy:...I bet lots of people have experimented with much much worse things than a plastic handle of something. I've heard that A and E see all sorts of odd cases of 'things' being 'stuck'. The least you should worry about is having caused an internal scratch or slight introduction of bacteria, but you would have known about that within days. There is nothing that can 'lay dormant' etc. As random worry said, ride this one out, because I bet even if you did go to the doctor and you were given reassurance, that feeling of reassured would not last long...and before long you'd be worrying about it still.

speeder
04-03-10, 20:44
I really really would not give your worries re cancer a second thought. Honestly - I'm a massive health freak and I wouldn't worry about it. I just can't see how what you've done could cause cancer!

maz1967
04-03-10, 20:58
an undiagnosed UTI would lead to right side lower abdo pain, with blood and protien, in you urine. a simple dip test would tell you

summersmum
05-03-10, 11:18
im sure u will be fine.. i used to go college with a girl who used her stilletto! and think of the dirt on them! lol however now she sticks to the proper ann summers toys ;)

louise123_uk
05-03-10, 14:31
Hi, Thanks so much for taking the time to reply! I am starting to relax and think so many people saying not to worry cant be wrong xxx

I did get this response though on another forum which has set me off a little again:

"Up to my knowledge, natural masturbatión (fingers, rubbing clit on sane, clean objets like pillows, introducing bananas, cucumbers and other fruits in the vagina, etc.) is nor dangerous .
But it happens that on modern times women use to introduce in the vagina a lot of objets and there are many objets built with materials and metal alloys that could cause cancer on a long term use basis.
Keep an eye on what you use."

Im kinda worried as the brush did have both plastic and metal and I was er using the brush throughout last year!! Sighs! Had day off work today and much too much time to think. oops!

BabyRachel
05-03-10, 14:39
Hunny Im a makeup artist I use these brushes all the time.. There is NOTHING dangerous in them I promise you, you won't have caused any harm or damage please trust me. xx

louise123_uk
05-03-10, 22:57
Yeah thanks, I do keep trying to tekll myself most makeup brushes must be made from safe materials, I just keep thinking umm they may be safe in you hands but not er in er where I put it due to one being just skin and the other er membranes or what not.... (argh, im cringing lo).

Zsofi
06-03-10, 09:57
Hi Louise,

Just saw your post and I think you really shouldn't be worried at all, people do way more crazier things without causing any damage or cancer to themselves.

One thing I didn't understand though: why are you worried about the doc? I mean you don't have to tell him or her about what you have done. You should simply just go to your gynecologist and ask for a pep smear. It is totally important for women to get that done once a year even if they didn't play around with anything. :winks:
It would put your mind at ease and as I said - it should be done anyway. I honestly think that you are not in any danger because of that brush but if you want to have reassurance from a doctor you don't have to tell him your story at all, just to ask for a completely normal examination.

I hope you are not that nervous by now, take care,

Zsofi :flowers:

louise123_uk
14-03-10, 20:41
Thanks for all the replies, havent been to see my doc and have calmed down somewhat about this (though still randomly panicing now and again).

In a er related vein, Ive just had a thought about er having nail varnish on my nails whilst er using a finger inside me could lead to cancer or be bad in some way, Ive done this countles times and only npw having this worry!

Im being stupid right.... Im kind of thinking I must be but just need reassurance! Once again this is an embarassing worry but am serious in worrying about it lol, oops! Dont know how Im thinking all this stuff up!