PDA

View Full Version : Numb bum

tashbarnes87
28-02-10, 18:15
hi all, freaking out again. I woke up this morning after lying on my right side i stood up & to my horror noticed that my right bum cheek & thigh was completely numb. I went to the toilet & couldnt even feel the loo seat :blush:. It started to come back after 10 mins & has felt tingly all day :(

what would cause this? i am pregnant & leg numbness seems to be happening a lot :weep:

freja
28-02-10, 19:07
I've never been pregnant, obviously, but as much as I've heard leg symptoms are very common. Also, I Googled it and seems like a lot of pregnant women experience leg numbness, swelling or pain.

Trying
28-02-10, 19:13
Hi Tash please try not to worry, I'm sure that problem is common in pregnancy it's something to do with the growing womb pressing on a nerve, a bit like sciatica, even if you don't have pain. I used to get that when pregnant, sometimes when walking as well. Go to your doctor/ midwife anyway in case there's anything they can suggest and also to stop you worrying . I worry about stuff like that to all the time, it's scary but I'm sure it's fine. x