PDA

View Full Version : Ear problem

jessieblue
28-02-10, 18:46
Hello, I am really scared today. I woke up with the feeling likemy right ear had popped but have been unable to unpop it. Along with this blockedfeeling is a wierd low humming noise in that ear and a slight feeling of wooziness! Last year I suffered with bad dizziness symptoms and I am terrified they are returning. Has anyone suffered ear problems before, what could be the cuase of this? Please help.

Linzbug1
28-02-10, 20:43
hi, i suffered from similar symptoms about 2-3 months ago. it is very scary and i lost complete hearing in one ear for about 2 days....i could hear a constant humming sound which was quite annoying too. along with my ear i had horrible head and neck pains which made it hard to sleep and my head itself felt that dizzy sometimes that it didn't feel attached to my body! as soon as this happened i panicked and went to see my doctor who advised not to put any cotton wool or olive oil in my ear as I had done the night before....once she checked my ear she said it wasn't my ear that was the problem but the tube that runs from my ear to throat was blocked....i took senokot and rested in bed for a few days after and luckily it passed but it really is a horrible thing when it happens! if your still worried have a word with your doc....try to relax it does help! :-) x

Utility
28-02-10, 21:52
This is more than likely wax in the ear and can be easliy treated. Just get your doc. to take a look anyway if it doesn't go away in a day or so.

Very common.