PDA

View Full Version : Hello i'm kind of new and so glad i have found this site

hannybun
28-02-10, 18:50
Hello everyone

I joined here a few weeks ago and have just about managed to pluck up the courage to write on here about what i'm going through.
By looking at all the posts on here everyone sounds so friendly and supportive its really nice to have people who understand what your going through.

Where to start... ok here goes. I had my first panic attack when I was 5 i still don't know why until this day well I have been told that as a child everything i touched don't because I would die but thats just hear say. To be fair I think I had a good childhood but continued to have panic attacks but not very often. Anyhow as a teenager I developed anorexia and bulimia I guess it was my way of feeling I could control my life but that just made my anxiety billions times worse so much I had daily panic attacks anyhow life went on and I met my wonderful partner and beat my eating disorder and had my beautiful little boy. Then I was in a library one day and came across a book latest help for your nerves wow what a little miracle that book was she completely knew where I was coming from and I have kept that book for many years and read it so much its pretty much in bits but I won't throw it away! I then did not have panic attacks for years and years life was brill! Promotions, trips to florida, all good stuff. then bam I had flu, chest infections sickness bugs one after the other and got so poorly but carried on working full time and then massive panics attacks started this was at xmas and now I can't go back to work I'm so anxious and down sometimes I can ride the panic other times I feel so lost.
I feel like sometimes the world doesnt seem real I always worry about my health why bloomin why there is no reason to. Everyone seems so happy around me and I just can't seem part of it. I managed to get to the docs a couple of days ago and he has given me some amitriptilin?
So sorry I seem to be ramblin. sitting here writing this is making me feel a bit tearful.
I really hope to make some good friends on here and to hopefuly help others

Love Hannah xx:flowers:

nomorepanic
28-02-10, 18:52
Hi hannybun

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Caz 47
28-02-10, 20:24
HNi hannah welcome im sure you will be happy here it has helped me so much to find other folks who suffer like i do and just know that you are not alone ....

Carole x

KK77
01-03-10, 00:57
Hello Hannah

I'm sorry you've had a tough time but it's also nice to hear of all the positive, good things in your life. You have the motivation to get better and I'm sure you'll find the forum really useful.

Welcome to NMP

sal
01-03-10, 01:30
Welcone hun You have had a hard time and on here trust me you will get lots of support and meet friends that will always be there for you xxx

hannybun
01-03-10, 10:08
Just want to say thank you for the lovely messages everyone, the only way is up hey xxx

Vanilla Sky
01-03-10, 12:48
Hi and welcome to NMP , you will find it helpful and supportive here :welcome: Paige x