PDA

View Full Version : urnary infection and not know abut it?

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 19:49
Im not sure if I have white specs in my urine, it looks a little cloudy... (ive never really looked before so wouldnt know if urine always looks like this). Not sure if im imagining this since been reading something about infections today that mentioned it and I have a related post on here. I have no pain on urinating or itching, discharge or any pain at all, nor do I need to urinate an excessive amount..... Could I still have an infection, maybe have had one for ages and just not knew it? argh, surely I would know if I had an infection though because there would be something else. What would happen if I have had some sort of infection down there for ages and havent know about it. Im not sexually active so its not an STI

freja
28-02-10, 20:01
No, with the infection you would have a fever, pain and burning when urinating and other symptoms. With UTI you would urinate very often (even get up at night) and the amount of urine would be small each time. Def. not UTI.

EmmaJane
28-02-10, 20:04
You could go to the doctors and they would do a dipstick test on your urine for an infection, if your worried. x

louise123_uk
28-02-10, 20:18
Say I had, had one for say maybe even a year and not known about it could this lead to soemthing terrible like say kidney failure! though I assume Id know if I was on the way to something as serious as tht right? although ive read kidney failure can have few symptoms till too late, argh!

Maj
28-02-10, 20:27
If you had kidney failure you'd know about it. If you are really worried you should take a urine sample along to your doctor and they can get it checked out. Even if you had a slight infection it can be treated so easily, but you'll probably find that it's negative.
Myra:hugs:

Linzbug1
28-02-10, 20:30
i have suffered from a few water infections, all of which have been very painful. im sure if you had an infection you would feel a burning sensation/discomfort when you wee and an urge to urinate more. By all means to put your mind at rest you could still take a sample to the docs but i wouldn't worry yourself too much about this....:-)

BabyRachel
01-03-10, 02:14
Sweetheart if you had a uti you would know about it. Trust me. Theyre painful and very uncomfortable and annoying! Try drinking some more water, perhaps you just didn't have enough that day. xx

Kelley
01-03-10, 02:22
Louise.......
You do not have an infection. Trust me, i know all about them! The cloudiness would be due to you needing more water and it is also very normal for urine to look this way (almost like an oily look) The white bits would be from the other girly part (sorry to be so forward). Us females are so blessed with these wonderful happenings but you would probably find there are more "bits" (discharge) around ovulation time. Please stop looking at your wee, it won't give you any indication of your health at all!
You are fine :)

Kel.

louise123_uk
01-03-10, 09:46
I do kind of get a tad more discharge near my period but I always just thought this was normal......