PDA

View Full Version : So fed up of all the things wrong with me!

countrygirl
28-02-10, 20:25
I just need to have a bit of a moan! I have alot of damage to my spine with herniated discs and things and having lots of leg and groin pain and back pain one side - just had x rays of hips etc and bloods to rule out rheumatiod things get results on WEd. Had gastroscopy on Friday and got horribly bruised arm whre cannula was in and later same day as test my back over my ribs became very painful to move or breathe deeply so assume either the position during the test under sedation or the heaving s the scope goes in and out caused me to pull my back muscles.
I am perimenopausal and have had 3 yrs of hormonal hell and had completel gyny test twice in that time - either no periods or constant periods and then I got large ovarian cyst which after 6 months went away and although I have alwyas had ovualtion pain now when I get it it lasts for up to two weeks and is agony - I had no period for 3 months then I have had two periods in 4 weeks and now on day 8 of my cycle have got terrible ovulation pain to add to everything else.:weep:
sorry fo the rant but just so fed up of everyday being in pain and having so many different things to worry about.
I also had pulse of 154 in the hospital and told to talk to my Dr about it - it happens everytime I am approached by any dr let alone having tests so another thing to worry about.
Sorry everyone- rant over

Maj
28-02-10, 20:39
Hello Countrygirl,

No wonder you feel fed up, with all you've been putting up with recently. When you are in constant pain it can really bring you down. The gastroscopy has probably left you feeling uncomfortable because of all the air they pump in you! Back pain especially can make people feel depressed as you feel as though you just can't get out of the spiral of discomfort. I work in orthopaedics and I know just how back pain can affect people. Being perimenopausal brings it's own problems, I sympathise because I am the same! Maybe it would be worth getting in touch with your doctor again to let them know just how rotten you are feeling. I know that there's hormone treatments out there that seem to help lots of people. It's so common for people to suffer from white coat syndrome when the doctor comes near them their bp, etc escalates. A sympathetic doctor should be aware of this though. It sounds like you need to take some time out and give yourself a break. I feel for you and I think you need to look after yourself and take it easy. From the back pain point of view, have you ever been referred to a Pain Clinic? I really hope you feel a bit better soon.
Take care
Myra x

ZoJo
28-02-10, 20:51
Hi Countrygirl,

I really feel for you and you so deserve to rant!! I have had a bad back on and off, I have now got sciatica which I have only had for a week which is really beginning to get me down so big, big, big hugs for what you are going through and for the length of time you have been suffering.
I hope you soon start to feel better xx :hugs: