PDA

View Full Version : Worst weekend Ever

Dollie
28-02-10, 21:23
This is the second time I have tried to write this post, I so shakey.
I woke this morning with such a start that I went straight into a panic attack. I dreamt that I was having a Stroke and it seemed so real, with the left side of my face pulling down and me calling out to my Brother but not being able to say his name!
It really scared me so very much, I had to check myself in the mirror and still I went through the panic attack.
My day did not get better as all i've done is worry it might actually happen and I'm scared to go to bed knowing I might dream this again or even suffer something horrid and yet I have to get some sleep as there is work tomorrow.
On top of that I went to the doctors yesterday about my feet swelling (A reaction to the blood presure tablets I take and he asked if there was anything else, when I said no he asked if I had rang in for recent blood tests and I said yes and was told all ok, but he then said it was not ok and would like to do some tests again! He said something about the size of the blood cells being too large! I was so taken aback that there was an issue I did not really go into what the problems was or could be and now i'm worried about this.
What a nightmare weekend this seems to have been, I hope I can relax some to get some sleep but I'm so worried and tense.
I have not got any sleeping tablets or any herbal remedies so not sure what to do. I take propranolol at 20mg x 3 per day but don't really want to take more without knowning its ok to do so.
What a nightmare.

Sorry to vent my worries but felt writing it down might help somehow.:weep::weep:

sammie23
28-02-10, 21:29
Sorry to hear you have had a bad weekend. Remember sweet that its only dreams and they wont hurt you or come true. I no this because i to have had bad dreams or been woken with one and iv been that scared to go back to sleep because of them. Try to relax maybe take a nice long bath or chill with a nice cup f tea and tell your body to relax, and say to yourself im NOT going to think about this and focus on something else.. You will be fine just try to relax xx

Dollie
28-02-10, 21:34
ty sammie, i will but its so so hard xx:hugs:

sammie23
28-02-10, 21:39
I no love but u should try. Remember tomorrow is another day and you may be feeling on top of the world. Life is a rollacoster hun you just gotta ride it threw xx

Jannie2948
28-02-10, 21:44
Hi Dollie, sorry to hear about your horrible weekend. I also hate the feeling of work tomorrow but mine is mainly just because I hate Monday mornings and the train journey! I think you should try and do like sammie23 says and just try to relax, I know it is easier said than done. Have you nothing you can take to try and calm you? Maybe have that nice relaxing bath:-)

I know those horrible dreams are very frightening, but that's all they are a dream, they will not actually come true. When I have bad dreams like that I usually turn the light on and listen to the radio until I drop back off to sleep.

Try not to worry too much about the blood tests, I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. I too had blood tests and I was petrified whilst waiting for the results. Luckily, or not as the case may be and I was tested for numerous things, the only thing I had wrong was my cholesterol was a bit high so I completely changed my diet.

I was on propranolol but as I think I told you before, I had to come off them because they just did not agree with me, they made me feel ten times worse. Another Dr then put me on a different blood pressure tablet, but all the time I knew it was anxiety/panic and then the third Dr got it right and knew what I was suffering from and he was so helpful and talked to me. I'm on Citalopram, just increased from 20mg to 40mg just over a week ago and just having a few moments here and there whilst I adjust to the new dosage. Had a bit of a bad evening Friday out with colleagues and couldn't stop shaking, spoilt for me what should have been a good evening, I was fine when I got home.

When do you have the new tests done? I'll be thinking of you and hope that all goes well for you.

All the very best to you

Jannie x x

Dollie
28-02-10, 22:28
ty Jannine, I asked when I could have the blood tests and they said the 10 march, but i moaned it was too long to wait, so they squeezed me in for this wednesday.
I'm going to have the bath and try playing some music but im still very anxious. How can one person tell you the tests are ok over a month ago and now they tell me they aren't, that cannot be right.

ty for the advice and encouragement xx

Jannie2948
06-03-10, 08:30
Hi Dollie, how did you get on with your blood tests? Hope everything went ok.

Jannie x x