PDA

View Full Version : Panic Symptoms from hell or what, please help

RP64
01-03-10, 00:18
I am new here.

I have had 3 previous times in my life when I suffered clear adrenaline overload type symptoms but nothing like what I will describe now.

I developed insulin dependent diabetes in 2008. I gave had low sugar episodes and have treated them even in high hills.

On my 45th Birthday I was due to take part in a detailed activity. Suddenly I felt like I was underwater and would pass out, I didn't but haven't ben the same since.

By the way , I drink way too much.I do this to cope with the stress of the equivalent of 2 full time jobs, always saying yes and always running, running from one thing to another and adjusting the gears in my brain to deal with it. My role in life often involves aggresive verbal confrontation and occasionally the risk of some physical conftontation too.

These attacks have got worse, I am terrified of passing out, I have fought them but 2 days ago they got me badly. I felt the world ebbing away, traffic noise and voices affected me, my head span and my limbs quaked, I could nor be near people and had to leave the activity I was on, I felt like curling up and literally dying but almost ran home, one of the worst feelings is feeling that you are not in the place you are in, like to are watching your life play out on a screen and that you are many miles away, totally detached from the physical environment , it felt like some evil mocking hawk was swooping on me from every side and would take me out, it felt like my head was being crushed in a vice and my chest muscles felt stressed (I have experiances of left sided constant neck pain like a trapped nerve).
I canot describre the feeling on terror from INSIDE, no threat from outside could ever match it, this was the one time when I felt I would die but when I got home I was vert calm within minutes.

In that week I had done 4 potentially acrimonious presantations and spoke 8 times at a tense meeting as well as working with difficult other issues ar work. My job may be gone in spring.

That week I was constantly running from one place to another, I really feel like a rest and to be -well, nurtured a little but my world does not allow it.Would it be ok just to have a rest, just a week to think about nothing, no more "Runaround".

I may well have damaged my liver through drinking and I have not kept in touch with mt GP cos I am frankly ashamed.

Today, another detailed activity with lots of people, dreadful feelings of fantness and nausea and vertigo but I got through it, this is hell but I do not lay down and die, I will not.

I have had issues of childhood bereavement (Mum's suicide when I was a baby) abuse in the cub scouts when young, going into care but a productive life nontheless seeing things that maybe others would not see and helping others but it is all disolving in this quicksand of panic, this is all I can say now but please anyone, help id you can (By the way I am seeing my very good GP in 2 weeks). I have never had symptoms like these, but my worst fear is letting others down.Sorry if this is garbled

rp64

hopers
01-03-10, 14:04
first of welcome to nmp :)

im sorry to here you are having a dircult time and i do hopw that what ever i say is somehat usefull for you

when yr out do you hipervenatlat you may have se this but on all honesty you used words iv never herd b4 lol ,

gy guess is it is probaly panic attacks that you are having as you sed it stops when you go home , this means you have a safe invorment, dont stop goin gout as ou dont agrophbia on top it all, well donr for workign wilst going thorw this was htink thoe thatyou said this ws soon to end is this a thing you new or a suprise cos maybe you feelin gpanicy about loosing yr job and the secruty your used to, my glad you sed you had a good doctor i suggest you write down evey feeling emothion sensation thort down during the run up to yr doctors appoint then he has a full view of whats happining to you

please let me no how you get on

all the best georga xx

Veronica H
01-03-10, 14:54
:welcome:RP. You have been through so much.:bighug1: You will find comfort and support here. You will find valuable information down the left side of the page . There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

Typer
01-03-10, 17:23
I would also recommend this book.

What a horrible time of it. I would guess man y of us know about that disabling fear you described. So sorry as I know it looms as if waiting to pounce.

What you describe is panic attack on top of panic attack...the one begats the other until it has overwhelmed you. Again, read Claire Weeks to learn how to handle these. I a,m just trying myself

RP64
01-03-10, 21:57
Dear All

Thank you, I am aware of Claire Weeks but didn't think of her as such as , if this is "Panic" it is deadly -cobra like panic, like you have been bit by a viper, like every siren and alarm goes off all at once, I am worried because it could become a "Conditioned reflex".I have found her work useful.

I had to be off work ill today with a chest and throat problem, did nothing all day, sort of turned off all task based thoughts all "You haven't done this you are failing" thoughts and did nothing but slept, nearly all day, refused to look at the clocks, seems better.No rinning around today. One reminder re undine work but they will have to wait.

I still have Cardio and other concerns, prople have said I go very pale with these attacks but noted that when I got home after the very bad one I talked of I felt very calm and very safe.Still worried about feeling like I am going to pass out and finding it hard to form words when I do.

By the way, I think I was hyperventilating last week.

Shortly after I had mt first recent attack of this I went walking in the hills in Yorkshire alone, thought I would challenge these sensations head on massive energy, no real issues apart from in stations travelling to and from the area with lots of echo, echo does me in as does dimmed light, had 4 hours of root canal dental work after these came on and insisted on no darkened shades at the dentist. I also resct vey badly to ambulances or ambulance sirens and any medics in whatever form.Oddly enough, when I was actually admitted yo hospital pre high sugar coma I protested that there was nothing wrong with me!

Please, any additional support would be appreciated.

rp64

kate89
02-03-10, 16:12
dear rp64
im so sorry to hear what you are going through:hugs: im 20 years old and have something near to what you have do you get alot of physical symptoms? e.g chest pains and aches in the body,i have had the needing to run away thing a few times now just feels like you need to get away from everyone and keep running terrible feeling isnt it . are you on any meds for this ??

belle
03-03-10, 00:22
Everybody gives good advice, but i would seriously suggest cutting down on the alcohol. Most people know that anxiety/panic/diabetes and alcohol do not mix well.

NoPoet
03-03-10, 00:25
Hi, I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you. As far as the stress of two full time jobs goes, stress is something that must be ruthlessly eliminated from your life. Why do you have to have two jobs? Is it down to money worries? If so, cutting down on the booze will help with that straight away, but there's also plenty of help you can get regarding debts and money. You can try phoning the Samaritans just to vent. It's the same as talking to people here except the Samaritans are trained to listen. It can be very helpful to talk to someone.