PDA

View Full Version : painful pins and needles in hands and arms. I'm terrified!

jenza20
01-03-10, 10:58
Please help. I posted yesterday to say my reflux was particularly bad. I had an awful night so went to my GP and was prescribed Omeprazole.

The reflux is bad enough but I now have painful pins and needles in both arms, right down to the finger tips. It started early this morning and has got worse. They are really painful. Does anyone know what it could be? I don't believe I have trapped a nerve. I was just sitting there and they started for no apparent reason. I'm getting so scared. Please help.

suzy-sue
01-03-10, 11:04
Hi this is an uncommon side effect of omepraxole but is nothing to be worried about .If it gets too painful I would see your Dr as there are other Drugs of this type that might suit you better ..Hope you feel better soon ..Sue x

jenza20
01-03-10, 11:13
I only got the omeprazole this morning. The pins and needles started before I took one so can't be the drugs. Just wish all these horrible symptoms would go away. Keep asking why me?

suzy-sue
01-03-10, 11:25
It Is also a symptom of Anxiety .The nervous system creates these sort of things in response to nervous stress .The more you take notice of it and fear it the worse it gets .Read the symptoms page on the main menu it will confirm what ive just told you ..Relax more and keep distracted ,the symptoms will ease and eventually go ..Take care Sue xx:hugs:

jenza20
01-03-10, 11:33
Ok will try and take my mind off of it and see if symptoms ease (but easier said than done!!!). Thanks Sue xx

nomorepanic
01-03-10, 18:03
If you feel anxious as well the the pins and needles are because of the anxiety.