PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone else??

Panickypants
01-03-10, 12:16
Feel that they have more palps and their anxiety is worse when your felling unwell with things like a cold headache etc??

I am full of cold at the mo my head hurts i havea cough but have also noticed that i am feeling extremelyanxious and my palps have got worse i woke up lastnight with a pain in my left armpit chest area and was scared stiff i couldn'tgetback to sleep i felt very weak to with it,i convinced myself it was a heart attack which obviously it isn't, my husband said it was probably trapped wind...Feeling rather anxious this morning cos of it x

Kraggy
01-03-10, 17:55
Well, during a cold Lymph nodes can flare up. Especially under the armpits since they drain the Lungs (If im correct) So the node in your armpit might be slightly irritated causing it to hurt. :3

As for the chest pains - Since you got a cold you're probably coughing alot, Which could lead to pain in the muscles that support breathing (The ones that you clench everytime you cough) That would explain your chest pains :3 It could also be trapped wind ofcourse.

I also believe then muscle aches are quite common with the cold, But im not 100% sure of that.

Typer
01-03-10, 18:21
Yes indeed, when I had a bad cold my palps were so bad, especially when I coughed. As for the armpit thing, I have had pain under my armpit/top side of chest for about 3 months

ItWillPass
01-03-10, 18:53
I totally am this way. I have worked VERY hard on my anxiety and for the most part I am really quite functional. BUT, if I get sick with anything (virus, infection even migraine) then my anxiety goes through the roof. Its a viscious circle because the illness causes the anxiety to get worse, then the anxiety causes the illness to get worse or not clear properly. Try to take good care of yourself, and drink a lot of fluids.

Panickypants
02-03-10, 18:12
Thanks Guys your replies have helped a lot.. somtetimes it's just good to know i'm not the only one with these symptoms... x

Carys
02-03-10, 18:32
OH my goodness....I could have practically written your post ! I too was up last night with a major panic attack, which is very rare for me. I have a cold, and was woken up by my sore throat, then I was convinced I couldn't breathe.....and yep.....the rest is hysterical history. :blush: My heart started racing incredibly, then I was convinced I was about to die and woke my husband to say I was about to have a heart attack. I dont respond well to feeling 'under the weather', well I guess nobody likes it, but it does seem to make me worry much more. Wishing you a better night tonight !