PDA

View Full Version : Im new and feel alone

kiansummer
01-03-10, 18:43
Hi,
I'm suffering from severe anxiety and have done for years, but only just been to the doctors and got some help i thought it was just me i didnt know it was actually very common i felt i ws the only one.

I cant go to the shops or out of the house on my own i get really panicy and scared and i dont know why. until i went to the doctors

two weeks ago he put me on diazepam 5mg for two weeks ive been sleeping much better but nothing else has changed today hes kept me on the 5mg diaz plus 10mg of citalopram, i feel so alone and noone else understands how i feel they think im being stupid,

ive never met anyone else with what i have so i decided to join this site to meet other people and talk to people who understand what im going through i really hope one day i will be able to feel normal x

diane07
01-03-10, 18:44
Hi kiansummer

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

pinkpiglet
01-03-10, 19:05
Hi there, a BIG FAT :welcome: to NMP!
You probably have met other people with what you have, considering its more common than you think, its just that most people feel that its private and dont broadcast it publicly. Chances are there are people close to you who have experienced some degree of anxiety, depression or other at some point in their life. You will probably find that once you open to people you will realise that you are far from alone!!
Here at No more panic there is always someone who can help, even if we cant give you the answers or the best advice you will always receive encouragement and support x

kiansummer
01-03-10, 19:17
Thankyou x

sallyyyd
01-03-10, 19:24
I have just joined again today - after using the site a few years ago. Just wanted to reassure you that you will definately have met other people with the same thing.
When I am well I run a very large company, appear very confident and you wouldnt imagine that I have problems with anxiety. I hide it most of the time. the only time I talk about it is if a member of staff tells me that they have an anxiety issue and then i am very honest in case it might help them.
Hope you start to fell well soon x

Vanilla Sky
01-03-10, 21:18
Welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

EleC
01-03-10, 22:25
You are not alone at all! unfortunatly, if people have never suffered, then they have no idea how dibalitating it can be!
Well done for going to see your doctor, a sign of strength I would say.
I take things day by day and hour by hour if need be sometimes, even though I have to make myself get out of bed some days and carry on, but by the end of the day I am proud that I have managed another day out of the house! good luck and best wishes xx

Veronica H
02-03-10, 00:12
:welcome:to NMP Kiansummer. You will find very good information and advice on the left hand side of this page. Many here can identify with the way you are feeling. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

kiansummer
02-03-10, 07:38
Thankyou everyone i feel so much better now i know its not just me being stupid x