PDA

View Full Version : hello - struggling with medication and anxiety

sallyyyd
01-03-10, 18:44
Hi everyone - i used to read this site all the time a few years ago and found it really helpful.
Ive been ok on clomipramine for the last 4 years. (working full time/ looking after my children etc.)
The in January I reduced from 15mg to 10mg and everything went crashing down. i tried to go back up to 15 and then 20mg but didnt stabilise at all so now trying to increase back up to my original 50mgs. (I had been fine on 20mgs for over a year).

The problem is that I have just gone from 25mg after a week to 35mg and the anxiety is unbearable. It feels 'medication induced' if that makes sense.

Would just really appreciate some support.
Thanks

And thank you for the site. the articles etc are so helpful x

diane07
01-03-10, 18:45
Hi sallyyyd

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

EleC
01-03-10, 22:31
Hello, I had the same when I tried to reduce paroxetene and come off it, a total nightmare and I understand it when you say 'medicine induced' the withdrawel symptoms are just the worst and very very hard to deal with.
Dont put too much pressure on yourself, I am now on fluoxetine which is better and safer than the other, but am still trying to adjust to my body, which feels like it is sreaming out for the other drug!
day by day!
take care xx