PDA

View Full Version : Help, starting to panic

lindajane1971
01-03-10, 19:48
I can feel myself starting to panic..................
i woke with the cold last tuesday and finally it seemed to be away sunday. I work part time but was off last week so i just lay about drinking lemsip and hot blackcurrant.
I was back at work today, it was only for 3 1/2 hours but after finishing and coming home i dont know whats wrong and im starting to panic, my legs just feel like they are jelly and they also feel cold, my stomach is rumbling like its hungry but im not hungry if you know what i mean, i did have some mouthfuls of supper but i could only manage half of it, im feeling very hot and ive a sore head which comes and goes.
For a few weeks ive been waking up with a numb left arm, also hands numb in morning too, arm feels a bit heavy and useless for the last few weeks. The doc did say last year i had a touch of carpol tunnel but its not been bothering me and im not sure if its that or something else?
Im worried sick now that its the start of something sinister and i can feel my stomach starting to tremble, im not sure if its trembling because im scared or if its a symptom of something.
It might not sound like a lot but its making me very worried and i am sitting here scared to stand up incase i fall over................dont know what to do :weep:

lindajane1971
01-03-10, 20:57
can someone please reply to me please

Vanilla Sky
01-03-10, 21:30
Stop worrying hun it's prob just the after effects of the cold. I have had a sinus infection and a cold on top of it and i feel exactly as you are describing , the stomach thing is horrible isnt it ., Mine is rumbling and i have not long eaten. It's probably just your day at work taken it out of you , you'll be fine just take it easy xx

Lauz
01-03-10, 21:40
Sounds like you are very stressed, and as a result you are having all the symptoms of anxiety. The head, the wobbly legs etc. You are working yourself up and unfortunately those symptoms are as a result.
You need to distract yourself and stop thinking about it, your brain can only think of one thing at at time. Our brains are very powerful and the more you concerntrate on being afraid the stronger the fear will get and the more you will feel those symptoms.
I am sorry hun that you are feeling this way but you need to try help yourself here.
As for your arm, you may have been sleeping on it funny or you may have some neck or shoulder problems as I do and I found that I got the numb feeling in my arm.
If you are quite concerned about your arm, go see your doc or book into to see a physio or osteo to check your neck and shoulders.

Take care and try not to worry.

andrea thompson
01-03-10, 22:03
hiya hon

i had to reply to your post evrything you have described is how i have been feeling!! i got a cold about two weeks ago.. i was really chesty and then it went to my head.. i feel absollutly exhausted but not all the time just now and again.. the dr said it was a respiratory infection and said i could fight it on my own. been back to dr today and he has given me antibiotics to try and shift it... i am finding my tummy is really uncomfortable after i have eaten... like i am hungry but i am not.. i have had some hot sweats but nowt much... also i have been waking up with numb arms. my theory is i have an infection and i am weak and feeling shit - so then i get anxious and worry about my health - which in turn causes more anxiety that leaves me feeling much worse..... when i am anxious i tend to tightly curl up in bed ( like a baby in the womb) and when i do that i sleep on my side... i havefound that if i make a concious effort to relax at bedtime and do not curl up tightly i do not have a numb arm in the morning... i have been off work for two weeks and am off for another two cos it has set me back that much... i hope this helps...please take care.. when panic sets in try having a hot bath it works for me...

take care

andrea x x

lindajane1971
02-03-10, 09:24
i would like to thank everyone who replied to me, i am waiting for the doc to call to see if i can get an app today.
thanks again xx