PDA

View Full Version : hate being on tablets.

mamatuz
01-03-10, 21:14
hello,

i am new to this site, seems like i'm not alone in the world.:blush:

my doc has prescribed me duloxetine to kill two birds with one stone, :shrug:my anxiety has came back with avengence i also have a bit of urine leakage.
these tabs make me feel like a zombie.

i was on citalopram for 3 years but mangaed to slowly wean myself off them.
has anyone else been on duloxetine for this?

your hopefully
ali xxx

nomorepanic
01-03-10, 21:15
Hi mamatuz

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

Patty
02-03-10, 11:20
Hi mamatuz

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Sorry I have no experience of duloxetine but there are posts on it if you put it in the 'Search' box above.

Best wishes :hugs:

daydreamer
02-03-10, 17:16
Hi ali,

I am new here too and I have just started to take medication again after 5yrs being free! I know how you feel. On the one hand I know that when I took the meds last time they helped, but I never thought I would have to go back on them and I am struggling this time round as I dont really want to be on them but hoping they will help with my anxiety again.

I am having a particularly bad day today and have noticed that I constantly feel depressed and like something bad is going to happen, I dont know if this is from the meds but I didnt feel like it before, it sucks!

anyway just to reassure you your not alone and wish you good luck with your meds Im sure they will help!:)

mamatuz
02-03-10, 22:00
hello to you daydreamer, thank you for your kind words, what a tangled web we weave for ourselves eh:unsure:
try not t give yourself a hard time about being back on tabs mind you easier said than done eh:winks:
no doubt you will be having your good days as well, yesterday i had a crackin day but paid for it today, seems that the higher you reach the harder you fall.
my wee lad is nearly 5 yrs old and he keeps me going that's for sure.
anyway be good to yourself and get lots of hugs.

ali :smile:

daydreamer
05-03-10, 12:36
Hello. just wondered how you are getting on?

I seem to be having good and bad days too. Ive only been back on the meds about 2 weeks so Im hoping this depression/ feelings of apathy will pass. I keep feeling that hazy chemically induced derealization feeling, havent had that for about 4 years and I'd forgotten how nasty it can be!

anyway hope your getting on ok :D

mamatuz
16-03-10, 20:14
hello there,

well i had to come off duloxetine as i felt awful in fact made me feel my skin was crawling:ohmy:
i am back on citalopram so just waiting for that to kick in now:whistles:

we had a nice few days away to the countryside so that quelled the old anxiety for a wee while.

i have actually started cognitive behvioural therapy so this thurs will be my 2nd appt of approx 8, it's good as i get time off work to go.

not really sure what it's all about yet.

anway hope your ok and keepin head above water.

hugs

ali xx

Vanilla Sky
16-03-10, 20:31
Hi aned welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x