PDA

View Full Version : very surreal.HELP...........

puppyskin
01-03-10, 23:11
ive been suffering for about 3 months constantly about my phyisical health,a few days ago i seemed to enter an alternative reality which feels very bizzare and disturbing like ive been spiked with lsd or somthing,im not really suffering with anxiety now cos im to preoccupied with this odd reality im in,its like an altered perception of the world.i.e questioning everything about life existance just stuff ive never thought of before this.....please tell me im ok and not dreaming.

nomorepanic
01-03-10, 23:12
Do you mean depersonalisation and derealization?

puppyskin
01-03-10, 23:15
i dont know but its really freaky,not seeing thing or hearing things

nomorepanic
01-03-10, 23:20
This is from the symptoms werbsite page on the left:

Depersonalization, Derealization, Feeling of unreality

What you feel:

Now for the Brain , the limbic system in the brain instigates this whole response and is responsible too for our emotions and behaviour One of the body symptoms that people hate most is the one when you feel all foggy, surreal, woozy or spacey. You may either feel that you are not real or that the earth is not real and you're a time warp away. These are often the hardest symptoms to understand and its very common to deduce that you must be going mad which makes you panic even more.

This is completely untrue and you are very safe.

You feel like you are not a part of what is going on, or that you feel like you are in a dream state or 'out of touch with things'. Also, things around you may seem like they are shimmering, foggy, hazy or too bright.
What causes this:

As we learned in Understanding, the body and mind are tightly integrated. What affects one affects the other. This symptom is another example of how an over stimulated nervous system can cause us to experience odd and impaired feelings, emotions and perceptions. Much like how a psychoactive or recreational drug can alter one's mental state, an over active nervous system can affect certain body chemistries thereby producing mind altering effects. The feeling of unreality or disassociation is one type of altered mental state that high levels of stress biology can produce.

It is not completely understood what goes here but it is generally thought that the limbic system in the brain decides there is too much going on and goes into a self protection mode and shuts out excess stimuli. As the adrenaline levels decrease and you calm down it clears. This can be several hours days or weeks.

puppyskin
01-03-10, 23:29
thanks nicola i thought it was the start of psychosis,so in esscence this is the final stage of the anxiety trip ive been on for so long i still feel hyper aware but the stuff ive been constantly anxious about is kind of not bothering me now,it just feels like im stuck in this weird world forever.

nomorepanic
01-03-10, 23:36
I had DP/DR for a long time and I used to say to people "I am not really me" and they didn't really understand but to me it felt like the world wasn't real and I was an outsider looking down on my life.

It did go in time once my anxiety calmed down.

puppyskin
01-03-10, 23:49
everything seems unrecognisable like its my first day on earth or just been born in adult form,its very hard to go out and interact with people because of this,just feels like a psychedelic expirience really hard to explain to people,i just hope im the same guy when this ends,quite upsetting.

Starscream
02-03-10, 14:07
This is incredible.

Other people have this too then ?

I have often thought that I had Temporal Lobe Epilepsy. The doctors said it sounded like it.

I have had this issue BEFORE my anxiety was ever brought into play. I never really used to be anxious as a 10 year old kid and I got this a lot.

But who knows. Maybe my mind just has never been relaxed from a young age.

It is a HORRIBLE feeling. I agree.

It's like everything around you is not real and you can't say anything to anyone at the time cos it doesn't make sense. You feel they are not really there and you are living in either a dream an alternate reality or just some kind of purgatory environment.

Am i right with those descriptions ?