PDA

View Full Version : Any remedies to combat tiredness, lethargy??

pinkpiglet
02-03-10, 10:00
Anxiey as zapped my energy and as much as i push myself it aint helping. I honestly feel like I could sleep for a week if I could get away with it. I have tried exercise and pushing myself forward. Yesterday I took my son to the farm and play area, then out for tea. I was exhausted and had very little energy but my sons life shouldnt have to stop just because I have anxiety and I feel guilty if he's sat about watching tv. I have to do things with him and keep him busy. Arts, crafts, outings, baking, reading writing, library etc.. The thing is, it usually makes me feel better when i get off my butt and do something but just a lately i feel exhausted no matter what I do i feel more tired and lethargic. I am sluggish, everything i do is slow, my eyes are stingy and my glands are sore (i get this with tiredness), I just feel rubbish!!!

Does anyone know of any remedies that will combat my tiredness?? I am not on any other medication x

ZoJo
02-03-10, 10:21
They say exercise makes us feel less tired - its the putting it into practise that I find hard and keeping up with it!!
I have a 2 1/2 year old son, who tires me out! You did really well yesterday, we are off to the zoo on Friday. I am hoping now that the sun is popping out and the birds are singing it will lift my mood and get me out more. That in turn will hopefully make me feel less lethargic.......hopefully!
How are your iron levels? Mine go low on occasions which makes me tired, so I get told to take iron tablets.
x

pinkpiglet
02-03-10, 10:56
My bloods show that there is nothing untoward with my iron count or any other things i was tested for. I had glandular fever in my late teens and i have never really recovered from then. My twenties lacked energy and now my thirties are lacking energy too. I am sometimes pretty sure that if I could find a cure for this tiredness then i would be anxiety free!! If you know what i mean. I also had underactive thyroid throughout my twenties. I just want some 'ZEST', but i cant seem to get hold of any. x

pinkpiglet
02-03-10, 10:58
p.s Good luck with the zoo! I am sure you will enjoy it with your baby, I took my little boy to Chester Zoo last week and it was such a fun day, even with the tiredness!! I hope the sun shines and the birds sing and it is a day to remember x