PDA

View Full Version : I used to be an air cabin crew,now im scared of flying help

kiansummer
02-03-10, 14:20
I worked as an Air Cabin Crew for years didnt bother me in the slightest ,now i have this anxiety im sooo scared of going on holiday with my children all sorts keep going through my head and i really really want to take them away but i keep thinking i know its going to be my plane thats going to crash it will defo happen to me, i dont fly anymore not after having the children hours were too much, with my anxiety i have a fear of dying which is taking over everything i used to be and want to do i feel like screaming anyone feel like this?x

Vanilla Sky
02-03-10, 14:26
Hi there, I can relate to this , I used to go on holidays all over the world, now im scared to even fly in Britian. I got married last year and could not go on honeymoon abroad , I doubt if i will ever get over this now , Like you i think the plane i am in will crash. I feel for you and i don't know how we would ever get over this. You will find it supportive on here , :welcome: Paige x

sunshine-lady
02-03-10, 16:21
I used to be terrified of flying until my sister moved to Malta and the only realistic way of visiting her and her family was to fly. After missing out on many visits I decided that next time my family went I would go! My family were all convinced I wouldn't go! I was totally terrified but I did it!

I now regularly go on holiday, although I still don't like flying I get there with a little help from some diazepam :D

Good luck, I am sure you will get there :hugs:

melvin
02-03-10, 19:56
hi guys ist tme on plane a couple of yrs ago i dont know how i got on the plane i was feeling sick and having a right panic attack even now i get very nervous but the way i tend to look at it is if you want sun and somewhere nice to go then you just have to get on with it or you will end up stuck in this country i take my relaxation tapes and my books and now my notebook so i can come on this site if i need to

kate1
03-03-10, 17:11
Best site ever for fear of flying, run by a pilot, with their help I made a 14 hour flight to Malaysia and back

http://www.flyingwithoutfear.com/

Cant recommend it enough.

Hope that helps

kate1
03-03-10, 17:13
Meant to say, you can actually speak to Keith on the phone.

eternally optimistic
03-03-10, 21:34
I have all the feeings you mention.

I bombed out of an overseas holiday three years ago and the family went without me - LOL. (With my overwhelming consent).

Been abroad to France since, via ferry. But, getting back on the plane with the aid of some very heavy sedation will be what gets me there. Although, the fear of not getting there because the medication might not be successful is a worry too!

Lets hope we both make the trip and can post on here, we've done it.

All the best.