PDA

View Full Version : Blood pressure with pain

Jaco45er
02-03-10, 17:21
Right I shouldn't even be asking this, I thought I was over all this rubbish.

I have been getting shooting pains across my lower back/kidney areas, and checked my BP and thought for a minute I was looking at my phone after dialing an international number.

195/95, it's never been that high, and I never had this pain, and for good measure the palps are keeping me company too.

It did come down to 147/90 soon after, then back to 160/95, and yes, I do get obsessed with it, and no, I am not getting rid of it.

I must admit, I have been slating the wine lately (possibly 100 units a week or more, and yes I know it's alot and I am not helping myself).

Has anyone ever had an increase in BP with associated pain?

Yip I know I could go to the docs, but I will wait for the full blown panic to kick in before that, I am not good with going to the docs, I am always terrified he will tell me something I don't want to hear.

As usual, if you know someone that died with the above, feel free to keep it to yourself :)

Health anxiety eh, who needs it ;)

Many thanks

Jaco

jobear
02-03-10, 17:28
all i can say is, i also check my bp all the time. but your astolics are abit high for it to be just related to anxiety. i know you dont wana go doctors but you should. it might end up bein ok! i never wana go either case they tell me something i really dont wana hear. but most of the time its peice of mind.
hope this helps.
joanne x

mothermac
02-03-10, 17:29
Hi,just wanted to say that don't panic,you may have a slight and I mean slight kidney infection.I have Medullary Sponge Kidney which is an inherited genetic thing and the hospital told me that it is a condition that just is there and that's that.I do get pain from it and my bp is always on the high side anyway.I take beta-blockers and a diretic tablet to help with fluid retention.I would pop a urine sample into the doc just in case it is a simple water infection and they will only treat you anyway if there is bacteria present. If it is an infection then it can affect the kidneys and that is probably why you have some pain.I wouldn't worry too much as it is easily treated and your bp will go up anyway because you are stressing about it all.stop taking it and chill out.

Cat80
02-03-10, 17:51
Just said in another post that my sister is having kidney problems at the moment and currently has a stent in and she is also having her high bp being investigated. The thing is she had no kidney pain until the stent went in which every Dr she has seen was very surprised about as they were expecting her to be in agony etc

Panickypants
02-03-10, 18:18
I heard that restless leg syndrome can cause high bp and i get this sometime when in bed,, strange what can cause high bp isn't it.... x x x

Vanilla Sky
02-03-10, 18:41
Hi Jaco, If you are getting shooting pains in your back and they do continue, then do go and see about it , could be a kidney infection. If you have been drinking a lot then it may be wise. High BP and pain could be associated with this.
Lecture over lol .
On a lighter note it could just be aches and pains :shrug: Also it may be secondary hypertension, low potassium or calcium ? All the sugar in the wine may be having trouble processing in your body, knock it in the head for a few days see if you feel better :winks:

Veronica H
02-03-10, 19:28
:bighug1:You could knock the wine on the head for a few days and see if it changes, but if not see the Doc. you know it makes sense:).

Veronicax

Jaco45er
02-03-10, 19:40
I think I need to sort out the HA and stop panicking about stuff I know is probably just anx.

I keep getting really hot as well but no temperature.

I swear if I was a horse I would be stuffed ;)

sb001f8994
02-03-10, 20:37
hmmm jaco are you menopausal perhaps?!!!
My hubby has high bp and taking medication and also suffers a bad back. He has had his liver looked at and at one point his liver enzime thingy was extremely high. He cut back on the booze and it setlled. The bad back didnt settle though and its not related to his high bp, just an old age thing Im affraid!
Im with everyone else here if it doesnt settle a trip to the dreaded doc may be in order.
Take care