PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong with me?

cthechick84
02-03-10, 23:43
Hello all
Im just posting as my anxiety has returned after having my 3rd child just liek it did when i had my 2nd child so defoo nooo more children for me no way cnt cope mentally or pyscially well straight after the birth i felt weak,lightheaded,panicky,palpatiaons ,flutters an jumping heart beat ,nevous feeling in my stomach n chest and,tingling hands and nw i have like shortness of breath like i cannot take a deep breathe well i knw this is proberly normal for some of the symptoms as my baby is only 4wks old but it all just came out of the blue again wondering if its hormone related or iron?!as b4 i went into labour my iron levels were below 10 and was told that im fine but that was b4 i lost any blood and i did lose 350ml whch is average blood loss well eitherway i got a blood test on friday to check everythnk but can being anemic cause all those symptoms? or is it the anxiety and panic causing this.the main symptom to me is the the breathing issues very scarey. the doc listened to my chest an said i was fine and im hyperventalting but can i hyperventalate like all day??or is it cos i focus on it an then it gets worse. im on a beta blocker to help an it works for the heart rate which is good , but stil feel funny wen im taking deep breaths ...also i hve very pale skin an dark patches like purple under my eyes !sorry to b a pest i jus wanted to hear frm u all on any experinces or suggestions ,thanks for reading love c.xxx

nomorepanic
02-03-10, 23:48
I wouldl talk to doc or the midwife about this to get some reassurance.

cthechick84
03-03-10, 00:16
yeah thanks nic i have they said anxiety but they are checking hormones and iron levels becos that can cause all these symptoms as im expercinging and so can anxiety but they seem to think im alright but doc said my iron levels were low in the pregnancy so cud b even lower now .xx

Lauz
03-03-10, 00:48
Congrats on the birth :)

All you are describing sounds like anx, and yes if you are concerntrating on a particular worry you can make yourself become more aware of it and freak yourself out more.

I at the moment have a chest problem, I am constantly aware of anything happening there yet today I have a slight headache which is just annoying but I am more aware of that, hence my chest feels 100% today !!!

The brain can do many strange things to us!!

Definately speak with your doc to help you through this, the more reassurance the better you will feel hopefully.

Xx

onceagain
03-03-10, 01:57
Hi there

Blood tests will answer your worries but thought I'd say firstly you poor thing you must be exhausted... you are bound to be more tired and anxious when you are a new mum..you have not long had the baby and must be tired anyway..and another baby means you have more to be well for.

I have been feeling like you had started menstrual cycle just after christmas then it stopped but kept losing here and there and then it came with a vengence and continued to the 13th of last month.. I lost so heavily and all the symptoms that you are describing are what I am also going through .. I got my results today, my blood count showed I was one third beneath the level I should be at...

The doctor also explained to me that when at this level it can make you tired...breathless, palpitations increase, dry mouth..dizzy feeling like you are gonna pass out whooshy headed, mood swings..and also it can mimic the symptoms of anxiety or increase them... being pale with lighter gums and pale insides of eye area with circles round the eyes are all part of it too.

I really think you should get a vit and iron supplement so that you are getting some goodness into your system until you get the results of your blood test..

You will feel tired anyway you have a huge task so it will not do you any harm to ensure that you are getting that goodness.

Congratulations on baby and hugs sent x

jessicalittler79
03-03-10, 03:16
hi chick iam sorry u feel this way its awfull ,,my baby is 4 months and my anx has been so bad i just want to set down and cry ,,i have it all day and night ..mabe i should ask about a hormone test to well ill talk to u in chat hun i hope u feel better soon ....

cthechick84
04-03-10, 00:04
thanks sharon and jess hunnis and thanks u too u all i am gettin the test soon and will b glad cos then i will know its horrible feeling this way all the time but im sure it will b due to my iron as i didnt feel right in the pregnany an that wit the anxiety and havina new baby will make me worse im not worried anout bein anemic cos its happend b4 and easily sorted i do have the meds already ferrous fumate medicine but ill wait for the result .thanks guys xx