PDA

View Full Version : having a difficult time... dont feel well

ItWillPass
03-03-10, 01:25
I have been amazed at how universial an anxiety disorder is. Often I will think that no one can possibly understand me and then I will find that someone else here has posted the exact same symptom with the exact same feelings. Its really amazing. Anyway, I am having an issue and I wondering if anyone else can relate and if this is common amongst people like us. I am ill ALL the time. I get several sinus infections, ear infections and bouts of strep throat a year. Sometimes I go through phases where I feel like I am on antibiotics more than I am not. I will get better, and then within a few days I get ill again. The doctor ran tests, and insists that I am fine... but clearly I am not fine when I am sick SO often. Bascially, I am wondering if repeat infections are common for people that suffer from anxiety? Does anyone else find that they are ill often? While it is not life threatening, it is real diseases (ear infection, strep). How can this be okay?? uchh. sorry for the vent. But it is just SO hard to feel this way all the time. :weep:

Rachel W
03-03-10, 01:31
I have had ear infections during stressful periods, starting when I was in college. Stress uses up more vitamins in your body, making you run down. It can also lower your immunity making you more prone to infection, so it is not surprising. I think that infection can lurk in these areas and can rear often if you are not fighting them off properly.
Take vitamins, get lots of rest and try to be less anxious (although I know the latter is very difficult for us). Also, if you are taking antibiotics, try to eat probiotic yogurt as it will keep your healthy bacteria levels up.

Take care.

Lauz
03-03-10, 03:01
I can't relate to it now, but when I was younger constant ear infections etc I ended up having ear tubes in both ears two times. This was sinus stuff though as I was all blocked and my ears wouldn't drain everything properly.
If you are having constant ear problems I would highly suggest you see an ENT person and have them take a look and put an action plan in place to stop you from relapsing.

As for the throat, not sure ...

Typer
03-03-10, 14:14
Dont be sorry to vent...seems this is the right place to do that. Such a great place to share.

So sorry you are going through a difficult time and hoping you have some good days