PDA

View Full Version : Update after second MRI

icysmoooth
03-03-10, 16:07
Hi all, I just got the results of my second MRI so I thought I would update. First of all I would like to say that all of my previous posts have been deleted because I don't want people looking them up and convincing themselves they have similar symptoms and fueling their fears. I will also not post symptoms I have had in this post for the same reasons. I am not posting this to instill fear in anyone or have people worry more it is merely an update as to what has happened. They are saying it looks like I have MS right now but it is very early and very mild. I am trying my best to be positive since I believe positive thoughts attract positive things and giving up and giving in is just not an option. I am also looking into the diet changes specifically geared toward MS that are quite promising. I am also being referred to an MS clinic but may have to wait a while for the appointment to come up since my situation is hardly severe. Anyway, I think that about covers it, hope all is well and please do not read this and worry about yourselves :hugs:

Veronica H
03-03-10, 16:42
:bighug1:thanks for updating us and fro being so considerate to others who might worry. I am glad that you have a positive outlook about this as I have a dear friend who was diagnosed with MS 10yrs ago. Shortly afterwards her husband left with her best friend.:mad: She has since remarried, works part time and has two lovely boys. This illness need not rule your life. :) Take care and pm me anytime for a chat, as I would not want you to feel that you can't talk to us about this.

Veronicax

Corinne
03-03-10, 17:42
My daughter's best friend has MS. She was diagnosed a few years ago. She is in her 30s. There have been many advances in the treatment of MS. She leads a very active and full life. She is married and has two children. She goes once a month for special treatment and takes her medication in the interim. She gets tired occasionally, but otherwise, you would never be able to tell anything is wrong.

You seem to have the same attitude that she has. I applaud both of you.

gypsywomen
03-03-10, 18:42
at least now you know what has been causing your problems ,,not nice but you can move on that cant be bad sorry you have ms love maggie

icysmoooth
03-03-10, 18:52
Thank you for the positive comments. Yesterday I found out about it and I was really upset and stressed and now that I have done that I am choosing to take the most positive approach and not let this get me down, after all that is when you let the illness take over. I am determined this is not going to ruin my life, it is great to hear such positive things about people you know with ms it really gives me hope. I also hope that people stop living in fear of getting this, it is not the end of the world and as with any illness I believe being positive will triumph over the negative. I at least now know what caused things and just make the most out of every day. Thank you all again <3

margaret jones
03-03-10, 19:39
Hi just another positive tale My daughters sister-inlaw was diagnosed at 22 she has since married had 2 children and is very positive she is now 40 and not at work at the moment but enjoys most things 40yr old do loves holidays and goes abroad at least twice a yr shopping and going for lunch and some vino at least i day a week with her sister i admire her for remaining positive i feel that this has helped her condition to remain fairly stable .

Take Care Maggie xxxx