PDA

View Full Version : WoW!

tattybear
08-01-06, 11:33
Its been a while since ive posted in this section so I feel im due a couple of successes ive had!

Firstly on friday I had to have my first appointment with my new dentist, my previous one had gone private so i had to find a new NHS one. Wasnt looking forwrad to it at all - last time I went to dentist i ended up laying on the floor and then being sick outside - so it kinda bought back those memories for me!

Anyways, i went with my parents and I did it! Had to wait upstairs in waiting room for 5/10 mins and managed to focus on my breathing and stay as calm as possible and tried to ignore the dizzy feeling!

The dentist was lovely! She went through my mediacl history and i made her aware of my anxiety / panic attacks and she made me feel completly at ease, im glad they know my situation as at least if i go a bit panicky they will know why! I also told her about my last dentist experience and she has reassured me that if i do ever need work done, i would be able to go to a small dentist where they can use gas/air etc, so that is nice to know.

Managed to have the x-rays and pay/ make new appointemt - i was so pleased with myself! I felt very tight chetsed ect after because i think it was the refief coming out, but i worked through it and was ok after an hour or so.

My other big success was yesterday - my parents had invited my aunt/uncle, and my cousins and there childen over for the afternoon/nite.
I havnt been to a big family do since all this hapened - over a year -, so i was really stewing about it! Spent all of saturday feeling yuck and panicky and changed my mind about 10 times as to whetehr i was gonna go or not!! Well, by 3.30 i wasnt going, but it didnt feel right at all, I wanted to go and prove to myself that I CAN do it - I think deep down my fiance knew i was gonna go, but just let me get the im going/not feelings out of me! Lol.

Anyways, by about 3.45 i had decided i WAS going! Eeek!
I knew there would be about 20 poeple at my mums and i was absolutily sh***ing myself [xx(] Spend about 10 mins faffing about before we left and I dont think i said anything in the car! I nearly didnt get out at my parents either, but i did!! I was nervous about ariving and everyone looking etc, but i dealt with it! I felt a bit overwhelmed and had a few tears in the kitchen with my mum, but I could see how proud she was that i was there :) I helped out for a while and just sat on the side lines for a while til i felt compfortable after an hour or so!

We ended up staying for 4 hours and i actualyl felt normal for a couple of those! I cant belive i did it , but i was on such a high afterwards!

My next outing is thurday evening to a local small pub with my fiance and brother...mt first time in a pub for year or so...but i am looking forward to it! We're just gonna go for a drink and theres no pressure, gonna try and make it a weekly thing to get used to it.

It just goes to show that if you stay in a situation for a while and work past the feelings, anything is possible!!

Sorry for the long post - Im just so chuffed with myself [:P]

Tatty B xx

Piglet
08-01-06, 11:43
and quite rightly so mate.

A big well done Tatty :D

Piglet xx

"Supposing a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?" said Piglet.
"Supposing it didn't," said Pooh after careful thought.

seh1980
08-01-06, 12:26
Nice one Tatty - 2 huge successes!!!!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

Gina
08-01-06, 12:38
Well done.... x

Gina

Meg
08-01-06, 14:10
Well done Tatty.

Brilliant . 2 massive things overcome

Good luck on the weekly outing.

Love

Meg x

LisaS
08-01-06, 17:04
well done tatty!!

you are right to be proud of yourself, you did really well...

lisa
xxx

"do not fear to hope...Each time we smell the autumn's dying scent, we know that primrose time will come again"

Karen
08-01-06, 18:09
Excellent Tatty. Well done!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Keitharcher
08-01-06, 20:04
Well done you should feel really proud of yourself

Keith

tattybear
09-01-06, 09:28
thanks guys :D

Tatty B xx

bluesparkle
09-01-06, 09:43
well done you! :D
really pleased you went... and isnt it a great feeling when you have done it...
rach

tattybear
09-01-06, 11:10
Hi Rach,

yes it was a wonderful feeling knowing i had done it! Felt yucky the next day as it took it out of me , but was well worth it!

Tatty B xx

tracyp584
09-01-06, 13:47
Hey Tatty,

A big well done!!!!

tracy x x

Every time you avoid your fears they become stronger,every time you face your fears they become weaker.

lainey
09-01-06, 13:58
Hi Tatty b

Well done chuck, onwards and upwards!!!!

Take care

Elainex

nomorepanic
09-01-06, 19:44
Tatty

A big well done to you and I am proud of you for sticking at it and staying.

Bet that is a lovely feeling now isn't it?

Nicola

alexis
10-01-06, 00:37
Well done tatty!!! Keep going.xxx

Most of lifes battles are won, by looking beyond the clouds to the sun:
and having the patience to wait for the day,when the sun comes out and the clouds go away.

love from Alexisxx

pips
10-01-06, 11:26
A BIG Well Done Tatty!

Good on ya girl. Keep up the good work hun!

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X