PDA

View Full Version : hello all

rjpsean
03-03-10, 20:41
hello all im Sean im 23 yrs old, been suffering from anxiety for the last few years, am i mad lol? i never leave the house, im always worried etc and get panic attacks for no reason even in my own house sat on my own, i always think my hearts gona stop or im gona pass out etc if im ill i always panic which makes it even worse like a few weeks ago had the flu anxiety kicked in and i felt 10 times worse. i spose im making things worse for myself because to get my mind of things i tend to play games etc as i aint really got nobody to talk to, so i hope i will find alot of advice and maybe make a few friends here with people who have similar problems :)

nomorepanic
03-03-10, 20:46
Hi rjpsean

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

smudger
03-03-10, 20:51
Hi.:welcome: Loads of useful advice on here sean.:)

Maj
03-03-10, 21:12
Hello Sean,

Welcome to nmp. You will get lots of support and advice here. You are so young to suffer from anxiety, but you can learn to live with it and lead a normal life whilst keeping it in the background. Don't despair. Understanding why you feel like you do is half the battle. You've made a positive step towards recovery by joining nmp.
Myra:hugs:

Patty
05-03-10, 16:02
Hi Sean

:welcome:to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes :)

Vanilla Sky
05-03-10, 17:48
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x

Veronica H
05-03-10, 23:25
:welcome:Sean. No you are not going mad. This is a nervous illness.There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax