PDA

View Full Version : Palpitations freaking me out

jay28
03-03-10, 20:45
Hey everyone, i am getting really worried now about palpitations. I have always had them for as long as i can remember but for the last 3 or 4 weeks i am really starting to pay them attention and worry, they seem worse like a constant thumping i can feel, feels like my heart is racing.

Have been checking my blood pressure and pulse rate which seems to be normal pulse is between 75 - 90. Also feels like im shaking which im not sure if it is related.

itwillgetbetter
03-03-10, 23:33
I too suffer with missed heartbeats it feels like my heart has stopped for a couple of second the BANG it fires up again. I went for an ECG last week and i felt it was happening all the time I was wired up to the machine..... the ECG said my heart was fine, if anything my pulse a little high.

I often get dizzy and lightheaded but i put that down to anxiety and adrenaline like a wave over my body, i also increase my breathing which i think contributes to the dizziness.

Anxiety can make our bodies do all types of strange things. Go to the Drs and be quite forceful (if need be) and ask for an ECG, i was always being fobbed off with its anxiety, but i needed reassurance.

Take care

Typer
04-03-10, 02:18
I do think they wear us down and many seem to get anxiety attacks and panic with them, sometimes more than other times. I wonder why?

Dazo
04-03-10, 12:53
I have alot of strange feelings in my heart and palpitatations too i guess.

I have done EKG a couple of time and nothing wrong.

Hang in there!

Typer
04-03-10, 14:57
How are you today Jay?

jay28
04-03-10, 17:35
Still getting them, dont seem as bad at the moment seems to be later on of a night i really notice them, i also feel like along with the palps i am taking in more breaths and worrying im not breathing properly!