PDA

View Full Version : is this true ?

liam_1205
03-03-10, 23:34
hi im 16 years old and have suffered from anxiety since my dad died in 2001. i dont know what my problem is to be honest it is hard to explain but i will try. My head keeps telling me that there is more than one world and i have to touch things 5 times if not i go into this other world where everything is the same but only i can tell the difference. i know there is only one world and i have spoke to my family about this and they have told me its all in my head. i have times where i suddenly panic thinking i am in this different world when really im not because THERE IS ONLY ONE WORLD! i dont know how else to recover from this? i just keep telling myself its all in my head but then i start worrying about it again. any suggestions/comment would be helpful.

thanks

Liam :weep:

dulcie
04-03-10, 00:30
you are dead right for most of us their is just one world - but I 've heard about something that makes you feel disassociated - this might be your prob - have you talked to your doc? you are v. young try to get it sorted!

chili2424
04-03-10, 00:38
WOW!

I was just thinking about this the other day! SO FREAKY! I guess us anxiety suffers really make us think these thoughts. If you want to talk more about this just message me or something?

eeyorelover
04-03-10, 00:50
Check out the explanation of depersonalization about half way down the page here...
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

Sounds like that could be what you are describing.
Welcome to the site.
I'm sure you will find loads of useful info and lots of great new supportive friends here.
xxx
Sandy