PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!!!

StandFree1903
04-03-10, 01:48
I have finally (sort of) cracked my life...........

I can finally get into my dream of journalism, with a lil help from Tyrone Smith of STV North, he has given me advice on gettin my ass in gear :D

Ive started pestering (his words not mine) local papers, radio stations etc and i have applied for a acess course in Journalism at Aberdeen College :).

I feel weird, happy and over moon that my dreams finally coming true. :D

even if some people i knwo think i doing it for other reasons :(

Vanilla Sky
04-03-10, 09:47
Pamii , Yes we are familiar with Tyrone living up north. Good luck , I hope you achieve your dreams , Keep us posted :yesyes: Paige xx

magpie girl
04-03-10, 10:16
way to go :D:D:D:D congratulations mate

hopers
04-03-10, 11:11
well done hunny you shouldf beproudof yr self xx

SueBee
04-03-10, 11:55
Well done and good luck for the future :yahoo:

StandFree1903
04-03-10, 18:25
i have fancied Tyrone for 9 years but its good to get the push from a pro :D

Julie1975
04-03-10, 18:28
Well done thats great news

StandFree1903
05-03-10, 01:34
I thought i would share the email with ye all :), it was sent frm my mates addy as hotmail didnt like me that day lol.

Subject: RE:
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 08:17:23 +0000
To: sazy637@hotmail.com

Hi pamela,

Thanks for your email.

Well journalism is a tough business to get into, however you don't have to have an academic qualification, i would suggest you gain as much work experience as you can to show any prospective employers that you are keen .... whether that is with TV, Radio or the press.

Keep pestering people etc etc, you will get a lot of knockbacks but keep being a pest.

As for your last point, it is just one of those things - on busy news days it is the sport that always takes the hit.

Anyway, I hope that has been a help.

Kind regards,

Tyrone Smith

Kirsty-Jayne
05-03-10, 03:16
Well done!!! :D

StandFree1903
08-03-10, 20:36
Hopefully getting tour of the STV studios in Aberdeen next Thursday, Eek.

I will try n not to faint when i see Tyrone hehe.

xxxx

StandFree1903
14-03-10, 02:20
Yippeeeeeeee.

Im on the road to Journalism. Ive written to Kingdom FM (Local Radio Station), I gota email them at end of May as they dont have anything yet. So Ive got my big toe in the door lol. Emailing them again in May. I have applied to do my Higher English to see if I can plug myself onto the HND Practical Journalism faster. Im hoping all goes great as I really wana get into RGU (Robert Gordon University) in Aberdeen for my BA Journalism and then my Postgrad in Journalism, then hopefully off to the land of TV whoop :).

I cant beleive I am finally following my dream after so many years :).

Sad I Know as he wont see this but Thank You Tyrone Smith for the inspiration that you have given me :).