PDA

View Full Version : Its kicking off again.....

binashubby
04-03-10, 09:10
Hi Guys,
I hate flying and airports etc - well more like petrified, but am on a long haul three weeks Saturday. Already I can feel the shakes coming. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Thanks
Paul

pinkpiglet
04-03-10, 09:35
Eeeeeeeeeeek! me too Paul!! It freaks me out!!!

I still like to go abroad though and manage to get on that plane to my chosoen destination with a bit of help from Diazapam. My GP will give me just enough to get me there and back (around 12mg altogether). Most GPs wont prescribe this medication for anxiety any more but will let you have it for short term. Several of my friends also use this for the same purpose and say their GP's dont mind letting them have it for flying only.
Its the only way I will get on a plane now (although not braved lomg haul yet) and it takes the edge off tremendously. I am still nervous but not 'freaked out' if you get my jist. I often take 2mg several hours before the flight, another 2mg at the airport and then another 2mg as I get on the plane (not always needed though). I'm still extremely nervous on take off and landing but okay once we are up and levelled out.

Give it a go, its been great for me!! x

hopers
04-03-10, 11:05
you could always try music loading up yr mp3 player with yr fav songs and listemimg to them the whole time

binashubby
08-03-10, 15:24
The pills do seem like a solution, but I'm flying via Dubai, so they automatically become not a solution !!
The music seems like a plan. Must get an MP3 player !
Thanks guys