PDA

View Full Version : new here..going crazy second time around

sugarpuff
04-03-10, 11:46
Hi there
Im sugarpuff, soo glad i found this site, i am suffering from anxiety/depression with a severe phobia thrown in for good measure , was diagnosed last July, i was making some real progress, even got taken off my meds(doctors advice).. but this week have sunk to that low that we all know so well.. and this time that hill seems so much bigger..even though i have been here before, its just as scary, and now i feel weak for falling back in the hole :weep:

thanks for reading folks, hope i make some good friends on the way
x

nomorepanic
04-03-10, 11:47
Hi sugarpuff

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

hannybun
04-03-10, 11:59
Hello sugarpuff.

Your not alone setbacks are awful thats where I'm at the mo but we have to stay positive like my dad says there will be better chapters that will come xxx
Don't think your at square one tho xx

sugarpuff
04-03-10, 14:35
thanks hannybun, never really thought about it as a chapter before, i like that :yesyes:

kate89
04-03-10, 15:11
hiya everyone im katy,
18 months ago i started having the odd panic attack perhaps 1 every month so my doctor put me on propanolol (still on them) then 6 months ago i had a really big 1 which has never left me i went to the doctor once again and he suggested blood tests for thyroid,diabetes,etc all came back fine that was when he told me i was suffering from anxiety but somehow i couldnt believe him and still dont to be honest even after trips to a+e i just find it so hard to believe that anxiety can cause all of the symptoms that i am experiencing.he has tried me with 2 lots of antidepresents i didnt like what they done to me so stopped takin them after a few days.i went back to see him last week and he's give me another 1 to try mitrazapine i still haven't took any yet as i am really scared of the side efects and i've also read posts on here about it and thats but me off even more i feel as tho im stuck at a dead end and really dont no what to do :weep:

oldgraymare
04-03-10, 15:57
dont worry sugarpuff just try to keep in mind that youve recovered and felt better once before, so you know you can do it again. good luck!

Veronica H
04-03-10, 19:01
:welcome:Sugarpuff. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes;SELF HELP FOR YOUR NERVES published by Thorsens ISBN 0-7225-3155-9.This is available from the NMP shop. Dr Weekes was a physician and scientist. She was a fellow sufferer (nominated for the nobel prize for medicine) and really understood this illness. She took the mystery out of it, and devised a simple programme for recovery. I can't recommend this enough. This will get better.

Here is a link to her site;

http://www.drclaireweekes.co.uk/

Veronicax

sugarpuff
04-03-10, 19:56
thanks for the info veronica i will definately give that book a read x

Vanilla Sky
04-03-10, 21:15
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome: Paige x