PDA

View Full Version : Took Escitalopram for the first time, feeling dizzy, is this normal?

freja
04-03-10, 15:42
I took Escitalopram (the medicine itself is called Elicea) first time today. Right now (an hour later) I started feeling a little dizzy and spaced out. I took a small dose (half of 20mg tablet), like my psychiatrist told me to. Is it normal to get dizzy when taking it the first time, because your body is not used to it yet?
Also, how long can the dizziness last?

mummy4
04-03-10, 18:07
ah bless you i feel for you as i remember what i felt like the first time i took this drug 4 years ago. mine is only 5mg though which is the lowest dose. i remember feeling very spaced out to the point it frightened me. it passed within a couple of days though. do stick with it.....it will be worth while! pm me anytime xx

Dee dee
04-03-10, 21:34
yes I felt very spaced out and very dizzy to begin with (i'm on 10mg) it passed after a few weeks. 9wks in no side effects at all..except when I go out I get drunk a little quicker...cheaper night for me Ha!

freja
05-03-10, 13:08
Thanks for the replies :)

BabyRachel
05-03-10, 14:00
Hi hunny its very normal. it is also a VERY good drug. Im currently on 20 mg and it may take some time for the full beneficial effects to come on but by gosh i swear by this drug it has worked wonders! think of that any time u get a side effect. Its worth it in the long run.

xxxx