PDA

View Full Version : Seroxat (Paxil) and loss of taste

UFC_fan
04-03-10, 16:41
I've just transitioned from Citalipram to Seroxat and in the past few days have upped my does from 10 to 20mg. I've suddenly noticed a loss of taste sensation in my mouth, not a complete loss of taste but very noticable.

Has anyone had this with SSRIs? ironically I'm feelimng slightly better in my head so I could do without another worry.

Thanks

scjj
04-03-10, 16:51
this is a common side effect when you begin seroxat. have been on them for 10 yrs, it usually goes

UFC_fan
05-03-10, 09:29
Thanks

I did check the notes and couldn't see anything about loss of taste, plus I did take Seroxat a few years back and don't remember getting this. It has scared me a bit (or a lot at this moment) especially since a lot of my recent anxiety has been around mouth/speech issues.

Have others heard of the loss of tste phenomenon with SSRIs?

UFC_fan
06-03-10, 10:57
I'm bumping this one because I'm desperate.

Like a complete idiot (again) I started googling to try and convince myself that I don't have MND, specifically Bulbar onset that affects the mouth, tongue and throat.

I read someone saying about pronounciation problems (which I have) and producing excess saliva (which I'm also getting) and now I'm properly freaking!!

I was feeling low anyway, hope it's not the Seroxat making me crazy. I know feel like the only way to move forward is to see a Neuro - I'm doing the very things my CBT therapist is telling me not to.

Any positive words would help right now.
Thanks

julieannboo
17-03-10, 17:22
this is a common side effect when you begin seroxat. have been on them for 10 yrs, it usually goes

i have been on seroxat 20mg for ten years too. i saw a new doctor the other day and she told me that i am only meant to be on them for a year!

but when i try coming off of them i get the head shocks and other horrible withdrawal symptoms.

do you plan on coming off of them?