PDA

View Full Version : Panic Disorder and Asthma??

Meredith
04-03-10, 17:06
Just curious to see if anyone has panic disorder/attacks AND asthma?

I was given an inhaler due to chronic cough a couple of years ago, I don't often use it. When I'm feeling anxious, the top of my lungs become very difficult to breath into and I get somewhat wheezy (this same thing happens when I run/am active). I decided to just try a blast of the inhaler today, just to see what would happen and I was quite surprised that the pressure at the top of my chest was released and I was able to breath into that area of my lungs :ohmy:

I know this is a bit of self diagnosis to be saying it is asthma, as I'm not 100% sure... but, I'm just shocked how I felt after using the inhaler, I wasn't expecting it.

I'm sorry if this has been posted previously, I cannot get the search on here to work. :blush: I keep getting a '404 error'.

claire_2910
04-03-10, 20:40
Hi i have this breathing problem where i constantly have to gasp for breathe every 5mins and sometimes every 10 if im not as anxious. but not an hour goes by where i havent gasped at least 5 times! i also have a cough, not from a cold or sore throat.. i just cough?
i wonder if i would feel better with an inhaler? hmmm :blush: