PDA

View Full Version : Calling all woman for advice!!!

sadie
10-02-04, 21:19
Hi everyone,

I have noticed over the last few months that my anxiety and migraines are worse the week before my 'monthly cycle. Obviously this has to do with a hormone inbalance etc..Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else has this problem and is there any supplements etc that I can take which could help????

P.S. sorry for excluding the guys...its not intentional, its just that Im not sure you will be able to offer any advice on this topic..but feel free if you like:D:D

Thanks for listening

sadie

nomorepanic
10-02-04, 22:04
Sadie

I am sure we had this topic before - let me see if I can find it for you ok?

Personally all I really suffer from is a bloated feeling and feel more uncomfortable in my clothes.

Nicola

nomorepanic
10-02-04, 22:16
Sadie - agggghh I can't find it and I am sure there was one.

Not sure what to search for - lol. If I find I will let you know.

Nicola

sadie
10-02-04, 22:48
Thanks Nicola....I will have a look in the search engine too to see if I can find anything....maybe I will start with PMT????lol

sadie

nomorepanic
10-02-04, 23:03
Ok here is one ...

Ladies only please (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=585)

Nicola

Meg
11-02-04, 22:21
Yes it is, youºre quite right .
A cry can be helpful, even squeezing out 2 tears releases it

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

apricot
12-02-04, 23:53
Hi,

Don't know whether this helps but Evening Primrose and Starflower capsules help regulate hormones.

Boots have a range of the above plus they do a combination vit called Boots Menstrual Vitamin and Mineral Supplement, which also contains Evening Primrose, B6 and Magnesium.

Hope this helps,

Nikki

Turn 'what ifs' into 'I can' and you will.

sadie
13-02-04, 20:23
Thanks for that Nikki, I will give them a go!!

sadie

Hears The Water
17-02-04, 06:30
Another herb that works wonders with regualating hormones right before you period is Red Raspberry. Nature's Sunshine makes them in capusles and Limited Edition makes it in a liquid. This is awesome as my 13year old daughter is starting to need it. Also there is another herb called Macca. I have heard it is good too. My daughter uses it too. My youngest daughter will go up to my oldest and tell her "you need to take your grumpy herbs" when she is being a typical teenager. LOL. As far as the migraines, I have found that Lemon essential oil works wonders for the headaches I get with my optic migraines. I get the fun lightshow that lasts for about a half an hour and then a moderatly severe headache. If I use the lemon and inhale it properly I can usually get rid of the headache. But be careful just how much you use the lemon, it (along with most essential oils) can make you sensitive to the sun or tanning beds (had a bad sun expereice with it let me tell you) or if you realy over use it, it can cleanse your liver and that can give you a headache from hades if you are realy toxic in that area. Don't get me wrong, Lemon is wonderful and I wouldn't go anywhere without it, just use common sense in using it and any essential oil. Hope this helps. I konw just what you are saying, my anxiety gets worse right before my period starts, and my migraines are worse then too. You are not alone.
God Bless you and yours
Debbie

sadie
17-02-04, 20:32
Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the good advice! I would be interested in trying the Lemon essential oil for my migraines/headaches. So do you add some oil too water and inhale?? Also, just wanted to ask what you ment by 'optic migraines'? I get flashing lights etc before the onset of a migraine, is that what you mean?

sadie

Laurie28
18-02-04, 10:34
Do you know they have a new painkiller on the markey for migraines Sadie- Nurofen migraine i think it is called. I haven't tried it yet but would still recommend poppong a painkiller as soon as the 'flashing' starts - doesn't get rid of the migraine I am afraid but does help a bit - Maybe Nurofen is very good if you try it let me know

love
Lucky

Laurie28
19-02-04, 11:10
Sadie,

Going back to your hormone question

I had migraines before I was pregnant with my 1st child. they stopped whilst pregnant.

I had about 1 in 5 years and then when pregnant with my 2nd child they returned!!

I know in my case they are hormone related

Take Care
Lucky

sadie
19-02-04, 20:19
Lucky,

I think mine are too the majority of the time but I also hold a lot of tension in my neck and shoulders which have been causing the ones I have had over the last few days....I think a good massage is required!!

Thanks for your help..Hope you are well!

sadie

Laurie28
12-03-04, 13:22
Sadie,

Are u any further forward in getting help for your migraines?

Lucky