PDA

View Full Version : lung/oesophagus cancer scare

emmax
04-03-10, 20:21
Hiya,
I feel melodramatic even typing this but it's been playing on my mind for quite a while now..........
I have had chest pains for a while and they seem to be getting more constant- its a constant achey feeling and i have it in my back too. It feels really tender if i push my chest where the pain is. Im finding it hard to take in a deep breath and often after ive been walking, even at a fairly slow pace, i will cough for ages afterwards and wheeze a lot. I sometimes get a feeling when i breathe in that there is some sort of blockage-almost as if im about to cough up phlegm but dont. I have been to the doctor and he said i could have asthma but he couldnt hear any wheezing at the time when he listened to my chest so he didnt think it was asthma.

Any words of wisdom would be appreciated- im terrified ive got lung cancer or something :weep:

Em x

Lauz
04-03-10, 21:44
Go see your doctor hun.
If you are wheezing and coughing etc probably best to check with your doctor.
X

jenza20
04-03-10, 22:20
Do you suffer from reflux? It's just a thought but I get pain in chest and back and hoarseness because of reflux. I also get the 'blocked' feeling! I'm having a bad night tonight in fact hence the reason I am on here but if you read some of the other 'reflux' threads the symptoms do sound quite familiar and it can affect your respiratory system. Do return to your doctor and go through the symptoms again as the treatment is straightforward and will put your mind at rest! xx